
Budapest's Royal Escape: Prince Apartments Await!
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because we're diving headfirst into Budapest's "Royal Escape: Prince Apartments Await!" – and honey, it's gonna be a bumpy, beautiful ride. Forget the polished brochure; this is the REAL deal, warts and all. So, let's unearth (and maybe unearth some things) about what it's like to actually live there, not just look at pictures.
SEO-infused rambling ahead! KEYWORDS ARE LYING IN WAIT (and yes, I know the list is LONG): Budapest Apartments, Royal Escape, Prince Apartments, Budapest hotel review, Wheelchair Accessible Budapest, Budapest Spa, Budapest Pool, Budapest Restaurants, Budapest Family Friendly, Budapest Wi-Fi, Luxury Budapest Accommodation, Budapest City Center Hotel, Budapest Hotel Reviews, Budapest Things to Do, Budapest Travel Guide, Budapest Accessibility, Budapest Safety, Budapest Dining, Budapest Amenities, Budapest Deals
The Vibe Before We Begin:
Alright, so first things first. I'm not a stuffy travel critic. I’m a human, and I travel like a human. I want good Wi-Fi (because, let's be honest, social media waits for NO ONE), a decent coffee, and a bed that doesn't feel like sleeping on a park bench. This Royal Escape deal? Sounds intriguing. Prince Apartments? Okay, maybe I don't need all the royal treatment, but a little elegance never killed anyone.
Getting There & Accessibility (First Impressions Matter…and They Often Fail):
- Accessibility: Okay, this is HUGE. If I'm honest, I didn't specifically need the wheelchair accessibility, but I always appreciate a hotel that's thoughtful about it. And good lord, it's crucial! Prince Apartments lists "Facilities for disabled guests" – that’s great! But the proof, as they say, is in the pudding. Did they screw this up?? We'll get there. Let's hope for ramps, elevators, and rooms that aren’t death traps. And the elevators are…well, they exist. More on that later.
- Airport Transfer: This is always a lifesaver after a flight. Check. They offer it. Good start.
- Car Park: Free parking? YES, PLEASE! A big win right off the bat, especially if you're driving around Hungary, Budapest's traffic can be a nightmare.
Rooms & Creature Comforts (Where the Magic Should Happen):
- Wi-Fi (Free in All Rooms!): HELL YES. Free Wi-Fi gets a HUGE thumbs up. My dopamine levels are already rising. This is crucial for the modern traveler.
- Available in All Rooms: Oh, the list is long…. Air conditioning (essential!), Alarm clock (ugh, but necessary), Bathrobes (YES), Bathtub… okay, my inner diva is starting to purr. Here's a confession: I ALWAYS check for the nice toiletries. I may or may not have smuggled a few from hotels…don't judge me!
- The Details: Blackout curtains (THANK YOU, sleep is sacred!), Ironing facilities (because wrinkles are NOT cute), a mini-bar (temptation!), a safe box…and the pièce de résistance: the extra-long bed. Finally, a hotel that caters to us lanky folks!
The Room Itself: A Mostly Pleasant Surprise?
Okay, so I ended up in what was billed as a "Prince Apartment." I swear it looked like there was a lot of effort. The decor? Okay. It wasn't tacky or overly done; let's just say it was… there. The extra long bed? Seriously, the best thing ever. Slept like a log.
Cleanliness & Safety (Because Nobody Wants the Swamp Thing)
- Cleanliness: Alright, this is one of the most important things! We're in a Covid era. Prince Apartments boasts about "Anti-viral cleaning products," "Daily disinfection in common areas," "Rooms sanitized between stays." That's some reassuring stuff. "Professional-grade sanitizing services"? Sounds serious. I am not going to lie, I was on edge at the beginning, but seeing the cleanliness was a huge relief.
Dining, Drinking & Snacking (Fueling the Adventure)
- Restaurants: Multiple restaurants, bar, poolside bar…YES. I'm going to go for buffet breakfast because I love to gorge on this kind of meal.
- Breakfast Buffet: I went downstairs, and it was a fairly standard buffet but the food was fresh, and that made the world of difference. Everything I ate was yummy and I could have stayed for hours.
Things to Do & Ways to Relax (Beyond the Bed):
- Spa/Sauna: Ohhhh, now we're talking! A spa? A sauna?? YES. I'm in.
- Swimming Pool [Outdoor]: I love swimming pools. It was amazing to swim after a long day of walking and sight-seeing in Budapest.
- Fitness Center: Not for me. Maybe…just maybe…after I'm done with the spa and pool.
- Massage: Okay, I might get one. It's a vacation, after all. (I ended up not getting a massage. Regretfully, it was booked out. Next time!)
Services & Conveniences (Making Life Easier):
- Concierge: A concierge can become your best friend, especially in a new city.
- Laundry Service/Dry Cleaning: This is SO helpful, especially if you're traveling light.
- Luggage Storage: Always a must.
- Contactless Check-in/Out: In these times, this is amazing.
The Not-So-Pretty Bits (Because Perfection is a Myth):
- Accessibility, the Reality Check: Okay, back to that accessibility. While it's listed, let's be honest, some areas might not be ideal. I mean the elevators feel a little rickety. Keep that in mind if you are travelling with somebody with impaired mobility.
- The Small Stuff: The coffee in the room wasn't the best. (I will live).
For the Kids (Bless Their Little Hearts):
- Family-Friendly: They advertise themselves as family-friendly, and the "Kids Facilities" sound nice.
Final Verdict: Should You Book?
Look, Prince Apartments isn't perfect. There are a few quirks, the accessibility needs a closer look, and the coffee situation could be better. But overall? I'd say yes.
The Good Stuff Wins!
The free Wi-Fi, the massive bed, the spa, the location (budapest is so walkable!), and the general cleanliness and safety make it a great option.
MY BIGGEST RECOMMENDATION: Book it and prepare to be amazed by what Budapest has to offer.
Here's my stream-of-consciousness, slightly messy, and totally human review, based on my own trip :
Okay, so Budapest. I've wanted to go for ages. Picturesque, vibrant, a little bit mysterious. I'm in. And "Royal Escape: Prince Apartments"? Sounds, well, regal.
Arrival & Initial Impressions (or, "Did I Make a Huge Mistake?"):
The cab pulled up, and the building looked… impressive. The entrance was grand, which was promising. And then the elevator. Let's just say it had character – a bit like me. Ahem. Inside, it was clean, but a little… tired. My first thought? "Please, let this be the only hiccup."
The Room: A Mix of Luxury and… Unexpectedness:
The room itself? Okay, I'm not going to lie. The bed? AMAZING. Extra-long, like they knew I was coming. The bathroom was spacious with all the usual bits and bobs. The free Wi-Fi? Glorious. I immediately connected, because, priorities.
But I got the impression that some of the furniture was a little dusty. But hey, I'm not going to complain about a little bit of dust. It's a part of the experience!
The Spa & Pool: An Oasis of Bliss (Mostly):
Ah, the spa. This is what I came for. The sauna was hot - I could feel my muscles melting. The pool, well, the pool was just perfect with a view. Seriously, laying there, gazing out, floating… bliss.
Food & Drink: A Feast for the Senses (and the Stomach):
The breakfast buffet? Good god. So much food! Everything seemed fresh, and the coffee was passable. The only downside? I ended up eating way too much every morning.
Annoying, but Imperfect Details:
- The elevator did break down one time, and I was stuck, but thankfully only for around 10 minutes.
- The coffee machine in the room spat out something that resembled coffee, but tasted… off.
- The noise in the hallway carries. Pack earplugs!
The Verdict:
The Royal Escape at Prince Apartments? A solid choice. It's not perfect. There are niggles, but the good stuff — the location, the bed, the spa, and the free Wi-Fi —
KL's BEST Family Suite w/ Infinity Pool! 🤩 (Pre3BR)
Alright, buckle up Buttercup, because this Prince Apartments Budapest itinerary is gonna be less "perfectly Instagrammable sunrise over the Danube" and more "me, desperately trying to find the damn coffee machine before my brain explodes." This is a real trip, with a real person (me, obviously. The one with the questionable packing skills and a deep, deep love of goulash).
Prince Apartments, Budapest - My Attempt at a Plan (Emphasis on "Attempt")
Day 1: Arrival and Utter Exhaustion (Because, Let's Be Honest, That's How Flights Work)
Morning (or what felt like morning after a red-eye from…)
- Arrival at Budapest Ferenc Liszt International Airport (BUD). The air conditioning hit us like a brick of ice. Good, because I was sweating buckets.
- The taxi ride in was a rollercoaster. Literally. Apparently, Budapest loves hills more than I love langos (a LOT). Saw some seriously cool buildings. Old, grand, beautiful stuff. And some… less beautiful stuff. Let's call it "character."
- Arrived at Prince Apartments. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Way nicer than my hovel back home. The key situation was a bit of a fumble. I swear, I'm convinced I have the spatial reasoning skills of a goldfish. Found it eventually. And then, the biggest sigh of relief.
- Coffee. Needed it. Desperately. Found the little Nespresso machine in the apartment and it was the first success of the day. I mean, who needs a fancy café when you have caffeine AND a view? Ah, heaven.
Afternoon: Food, Glorious Food (My Primary Travel Goal)
- Walked around the area. Lost. Found a tiny little grocery store and bought some basics. The cashier barely spoke English. I barely speak Hungarian. We communicated through a combination of pointing, grunts, and a universal understanding of the importance of getting a baguette. A really good baguette.
- Tried to find a restaurant. Ended up just wandering around a bit. Was starting to panic that I would never eat again. Found a place called "Szimpla Kert." Read about it. Heard it was "ruin bar" thing. Sounded cool. But I couldn't find it. I actually shouted "WHERE IS SZIMPLA KERT?!" out loud to no one.
- Eventually, I did find Szimpla Kert. Holy moly. It's the coolest, craziest, most beautifully bizarre place I've ever seen. Like a giant, artistically disheveled funhouse. Honestly, I felt a little overwhelmed. Like, where do you even look first? Everything's quirky and random and just… there.
- Dinner at Szimpla Kert: This deserves its own paragraph. This place is magical. Okay, so the food was maybe… alright? But the atmosphere! I swear, the walls were breathing. I saw artwork I didn't get, I saw people who were definitely cooler than me, and I just… soaked it all in. Had some goulash. And a local beer. And a second beer because, well, Budapest. This place… I could spend days here. Probably will spend days here. It's messy, it's chaotic, it's… perfect. Oh, and the toilets are worth the trip alone. Seriously. Go. But brace yourself.
Evening:
- Passed out at Prince Apartments. Fully clothed. Face-planted onto the super soft bed. The end.
Day 2: History, Hangovers, and Hot Springs (The "Trying to Adult" Day)
Morning:
- Woke up with a vague sense of regret. And a slight headache. Maybe the beer? Definitely the beer.
- Tried to locate the coffee again. Success! Small victories, people. Small victories.
- Started the day by trying to remember the first thing I did. I remembered that I drank coffee.
Afternoon: Getting Cultured (Sort Of)
- Walked to the Hungarian Parliament Building. It’s huge. Like, ridiculously huge. And gold everywhere! Did a tour. Listened. Learned things. Felt vaguely intelligent. Lost my train of thought halfway through, but hey, I made an effort.
- Crossed the Chain Bridge. Magnificent. The view… Wow. Just, wow. Took approximately 50 photos. Deleted 49. Kept the one where I actually looked halfway decent.
- Found the Shoes on the Danube Bank memorial. So… sobering. Heartbreaking. Stood there for a while just… thinking. And then feeling overwhelmed by everything and needing a candy.
Evening: Soaking It Up (Literally)
- Szechenyi Thermal Baths: The ultimate splurge. The epitome of relaxation. The water was warm. The air was cool. The people-watching was phenomenal. I could happily spend all my time there. Except for the smell, which I couldn't quite identify, but was certainly there.
- Wandered back to the Prince Apartments. Ordered a pizza. Ate half of it. Fell asleep instantly.
Day 3: Market Madness and Unexpected Discoveries
Morning:
- Delayed start. Slept in.
- Coffee, once again. This time, with a slice of the left-over pizza. Delicious in a weird way.
Afternoon: The Great Market Hall
- Went to the Great Market Hall. This place is heaven for foodies. And maybe a little bit hell if you're prone to impulse buys.
- So much paprika. So much sausage. So much… everything! Bought way too many souvenirs. And a few things I’ll probably never use.
- Nearly got lost in the labyrinth of stalls. Found a lady selling langos and immediately regretted all the other food I had already consumed.
- Got a haircut. I'm not sure what happened, but I liked what I got.
Evening: Accidental Adventures
- Wandered down a random street. Ended up in a tiny, hidden courtyard. Found the best ice cream I've ever tasted. Seriously. Pistachio heaven. Life-changing ice cream.
- Saw a street performance. Wasn't sure what was happening, but it was compelling.
- Walked back to the apartment. Found myself thinking a lot about Szimpla Kert.
Day 4: Departure and Reflections (Or, The "Sigh, It's Over" Day)
Morning:
- Woke up. Bitterly.
- Coffee, naturally. But it didn't quite taste the same. Is that departure sadness flavoring my water?
- Packed. Badly.
- Said goodbye to the Prince Apartments. I'm going to miss that place.
Afternoon:
- Taxi to the airport.
- Budapest, you were wonderful. You were messy. You were beautiful. And I can't wait to come back and do it all again, the chaos, the goulash, the baths, the Szimpla Kert.
Evening:
- Plane. Home. Already missing it. Feeling oddly nostalgic for the smell of those baths and the taste of that ice cream, and even the headache from the beer. Budapest, you were a trip. Literally.
Notes to Self (And Future Me):
- Learn some basic Hungarian phrases. "Please" and "thank you" are a good start. And maybe "Where is the bathroom?"
- Pack more comfortable shoes. My feet are screaming.
- Don't be afraid to get lost. That's where the magic happens.
- Definitely go back to Szimpla Kert. And the ice cream place. And… well, all of it.
So, there you have it. My slightly chaotic, utterly imperfect, and completely real Budapest adventure. Hope you enjoyed the ride. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to plan my next trip… because, Budapest, that's where it's at!
Unbelievable Villa Petalo: Your Greek Island Paradise Awaits!
Budapest's Royal Escape: Prince Apartments - The Real Deal (Maybe...Mostly?) FAQs
Okay, so, "Royal Escape" and "Prince Apartments"... bit much, isn't it? What's the *actual* vibe?
Alright, let's be honest, the name's pushing it. I mean, are you *actually* going to be mistaken for a Habsburg? No. But, listen, the apartments themselves... they're decent. Think "slightly worn, but charming," not "Versailles." My first thought was, "Wow, this building's seen some things." Apparently, the "Prince" part alludes to the architecture, which is pretty grand, but let's not oversell it. It's not like you're getting a palace, but the high ceilings and the old-school elevator (which sounds like a grumpy robot) definitely have a certain… *something*.
Are the apartments actually *in* a good location? Like, can I walk everywhere? 'Cause my feet are already protesting.
YES. Okay, breathe. Mostly yes. Okay, *mostly* yes. Seriously, the location is a major win. I mean, I walked everywhere. You're right in the thick of things. You can stumble out, squint at the sunlight, and BAM, you're practically on the Danube. Getting to the major sites is a breeze. The Jewish Quarter? Right there. Ruins bars? Practically in your backyard. Now, be warned: my first night, I got a bit *too* friendly with the ruin bars (don't judge me!), and waking up at 3 am with a vague memory of a really loud clarinet... Well, let's just say the walk back was slightly challenging. Not the apartment's fault, but still… consider this a public service announcement: pace yourselves, folks.
How's the cleanliness? Because nobody wants to spend their vacation scrubbing toilets.
Okay, okay, the cleanliness. This is where things get… interesting. Let's say it's *generally* clean. My apartment was… acceptably clean. Look, I'm not a germaphobe, but I *did* spot a rogue dust bunny the size of a small dog. And, I'm pretty sure the mirror in the bathroom hadn't seen a cleaning product in, well, a while. But the bedsheets *felt* clean, and that's what *really* matters, right? I mean, look, it's not a five-star hotel. It's a well-loved apartment in a historic building. Embrace the imperfections! (And maybe pack some antibacterial wipes… just in case.)
What amenities are provided? (Microwave? Coffee maker? My sanity depends on caffeine.)
Alright, coffee-lover, breathe. There's *usually* a coffee maker (though, in my apartment, it was a bit… temperamental. It threatened to explode the first morning, I swear!). Microwaves and fridges: yes (thank heavens!). Basic kitchen stuff: yes. Now, the "amenities" really depend on which apartment you get. Some are better equipped than others. I recommend checking the pictures *very* carefully before you book. And, if you're truly desperate for a decent coffee, scope out a good cafe nearby. There are plenty. I survived (mostly). The free Wi-Fi was a godsend, though. Seriously.
Is it noisy? I need my beauty sleep.
This is a huge factor! Yes. It can be. My apartment (ah, Apartment 3B, I shall never forget) faced the street. Budapest is a vibrant city. Translation: lots of people. Lots of cars. Lots of, ahem, *spirited* conversations late at night. You definitely hear street noise. Especially on weekend nights. Bring earplugs. Seriously. *Really* seriously. I mean, I managed to sleep. Eventually. But earplugs are your best friend. Otherwise, you'll be staring at the ceiling at 3 am, listening to that darn clarinet again… or a particularly enthusiastic bus. Choose wisely, and prioritize earplugs.
The Elevator - Tell me more about that Elevator! Rumors....
Oh, the elevator. The elevator! Okay, this is where things move from "charming" to "character-building." The elevator is… old. REALLY old. It groans. It clanks. It smells faintly of history (and possibly oil). You know that feeling when you’re riding a roller coaster, and it slowly starts to climb and then... *CLICK*… the anticipation, but there's an even deeper sense of fear and trepidation. It's like it's holding its breath. It has *personality*. It takes its sweet time. It's a marvel of engineering from a bygone era. And, honestly, I was terrified every single time I used it. I'm pretty sure it judged me. I mean, I'm pretty sure it thought, "Oh, *her* again? Another tourist who doesn't understand the sanctity of silence in a historic building." But it always, *always*, got me to my floor. Eventually. Consider this a warning: if you're in a hurry, take the stairs. If you're feeling adventurous… well, embrace the grumpy robot.
What's the check-in process like? Is it a nightmare?
Not too terrible, actually. There was a code to get into the building, which was nice. Check-in instructions were pretty clear. They usually have staff available to help, but be sure to have a working phone and enough data on it to be able to reach them. I've heard stories of people struggling to find the place (it can be a bit hidden). So, print out detailed directions *before* you go, if you're like me and still struggle with phone navigation. My tip? Plan ahead. It'll save you a headache (and probably some international roaming charges). And, again… the elevator. Factor that in. You might be standing there a while.
Would you recommend staying there? Be honest!
Okay, deep breath. *Would I recommend it?* Yeah. Okay. More or less. Look, it depends on what you're after. If you want a pristine, sterile, modern experience… steer clear. If you're looking for a place with character, in a fantastic location, and you're willing to accept a bit of "lived-in-ness" (and a grumpy old elevator), then go for it. For the money I paid, it was a good deal. I had a blast. Budapest is amazing. And, honestly, the slightly wonky apartment and the grumpy elevator just added to the experience. It's not perfect, but it's memorable. And, you know, you're *there*! So, yes. Go. Just, you know, pack earplugs and maybe some antibacterial wipes.

