Escape to Paradise: Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Awaits!

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Escape to Paradise: Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Awaits!

Escape to (Almost) Paradise: My Unfiltered Iberostar Eolia Djerba Review - Buckle Up!

Okay, folks, settle in. We're about to dive headfirst into the shimmering, sun-drenched illusion that is Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba. Because, let's be honest, "paradise" is a strong word. But hey, a solid beach vacation? Absolutely. And I'm here to tell you the real story, the good, the… well, the stuff they conveniently leave out of the brochure. Consider this your brutally honest, I-was-there-so-you-don't-have-to-make-the-same-mistakes review.

First Impressions & Accessibility: Not Exactly a Smooth Landing

The promise of Escape to Paradise: Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Awaits! hit me like… well, like a slightly under-ripe mango. Exciting, yes, but also a little… green. The accessibility situation deserves a serious look. While they claim facilities for disabled guests (Facilities for disabled guests), I didn’t exactly see ramped everything. Wheelchair accessible? Mostly. But navigating some areas felt like an obstacle course of slightly uneven paving stones and the occasional rogue step. My advice? Call ahead, specifically, and get the lowdown on how “accessible” it really is for your needs. I’d hate for your escape to quickly turn into a…well… a logistical nightmare.

The Wi-Fi Woes & The Glorious Glitch:

Right, let's talk internet. Internet access – wireless is essential these days. They tout "Free Wi-Fi in all rooms!" which is mostly true. However, the speed? Let's just say retrieving an email felt like waiting for the sun to set. I’m not sure. I swear, there were moments it felt like dial-up. I spent a frustrating hour one afternoon trying to upload a picture (spoiler alert: it did not happen). Internet [LAN] access? Meh. I never even bothered. Frankly, I wanted to disconnect, but I also had to get my travel blogs up! But it was frustrating, and I felt like an idiot for not downloading my streaming services beforehand. Which brings me to the glorious glitch. One evening, the Wi-Fi went completely down. Bliss. Forced digital detox. We actually talked to each other. This is an unexpected silver lining. Embrace the chaos!

The Pampering & The "Almost" Spa Experience:

Okay, the fun stuff. Gotta admit it – the Spa was the saving grace. It wasn't quite the luxury spa I'd envisioned. But the Sauna, the Steamroom, and the Pool with view? Absolutely divine.

I treated myself to a Body scrub and Massage. The massage therapist was amazing. I drifted away for an hour and came out feeling like a completely different human. The Spa/sauna combination? Oh, yeah!

The Gym/fitness center? Well, it exists. I peeked in. A little underwhelming, but perfectly functional. The Fitness center wasn't my main focus. I preferred lounging by the pool, trying not to overeat, and reading a book.

Food, Glorious Food… With Quirks:

Dining, drinking, and snacking: Where do I even begin? The Breakfast [buffet] was the usual – eggs, pastries, some mystery meats. The Asian breakfast had a few interesting additions though. A good start to the day. The Breakfast service was… efficient. Not particularly warm or fuzzy, but efficient.

  • Restaurants: One major issue was the limited amount of indoor dining. This was not great.
  • A la carte in restaurant: It was okay. Just okay.
  • Buffet in restaurant: Okay. There was a ton of food.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant: I found the coffee pretty awful at most spots.
  • Desserts in restaurant: Yay! Desserts are the best.
  • International cuisine in restaurant: Meh.
  • Poolside bar: Lovely
  • Room service [24-hour]: Thank you.
  • Salad in restaurant: Boring.
  • Snack bar: Useful.
  • Vegetarian restaurant: Wasn’t great.
  • Western breakfast: Yawn.

The Rooms: Close, but Not Quite

Okay, my room. Solid. Air conditioning? Thank God. Air conditioning in public area? Needed it. Complimentary tea, Coffee/tea maker? Essential. Mini bar? Always a plus (Free bottled water was a godsend). Wake-up service? I'm not a morning person, but I am a person. The Window that opens let in the delicious sea air, but it also let in the occasional mosquito. And the Slippers? They were fine. Not luxurious – kind of like the whole experience.

My one complaint? I had a room issue. My shower drain was clogged, and no one seemed to care. Eventually I got a new room, but it was a pain.

Cleanliness & Safety: Not Perfect, But Trying

The Daily disinfection in common areas was certainly noticeable. I was reassured by this. I felt safe, even if the constant sanitizing did make me feel a little like I was living in a hospital wing.

A Word on The Staff:

The staff, overall, were trying. Some were fantastic, others less so. Their English wasn't always the best, but they were always smiling, and for that, I'm grateful.

The Kid Factor:

For the kids: This place is definitely family-friendly. Babysitting service, Kids facilities, were present – it seemed like a great place for a family. I was happy to be kid-free.

Things to Do & Ways to Relax: Sun, Sand, and… Something Else?

Things to do: It's Djerba, so think beaches and sun. The Swimming pool [outdoor] was lovely, and the Swimming pool in general? Clean and inviting.

Ways to relax: The Terrace was a great spot for an evening drink, and the Happy hour was, well, happy. I spent most of my time with a drink in hand and a book.

Extra Details & Minor Annoyances:

  • Cashless payment service: Easy.
  • Concierge: Always helpful.
  • Currency exchange: Convenient.
  • Elevator: Necessary for upper floors.
  • Ironing service: Handy, but I preferred to let my clothes wrinkle.
  • Luggage storage: Convenient.
  • Non-smoking rooms: Appreciated.
  • Room sanitization opt-out available: Nice.
  • Safe dining setup: Good.
  • Staff trained in safety protocol: Reassuring.
  • Taxi service: Available, but negotiate the price beforehand.

The Verdict: Paradise… Adjacent

Honestly? Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba is a good option if you're looking for a reasonably priced beach vacation. It's not perfect. It's not the height of luxury. It's sometimes a little chaotic. The Wi-Fi situation is infuriating. But the beaches are lovely, the spa is a treat, the staff is generally friendly, and if you go in with realistic expectations, you can have a genuinely good time.

My Takeaway & Persuasive Hook for You: BOOK IT! (With a Few Caveats)

So, you want to Escape to Paradise: Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Awaits!? Go! However:

Here's My Special Offer JUST FOR YOU:

Book your stay directly through the Iberostar website (avoiding third-party booking sites). If you call them directly requesting a room near the pool and ensuring (in writing!) that your room has a good Wi-Fi connection, I’ll throw in some extra tips.

This is my promise!

What to Do:

  • Call and ensure accessibility and ask what type of rooms they have available.

Now go forth, my fellow travelers, and (almost) enjoy the sunshine!

Escape to Paradise: Your Sardinian Dream Villa Awaits!

Book Now

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this isn't your sanitized, perfectly-curated travel blog. This is real life hitting hot sand in Djerba, Tunisia, at the Iberostar Selection Eolia. Prepare for highs, lows, questionable food choices, and me, your delightfully messy guide.

Day 1: Arrival & Sand-Filled Undies (A Love Story)

  • 14:00 - Arrival and a Prayer: Okay, maybe I should've packed lighter. Lugging my suitcase through the arrivals hall felt like wrestling a small, defiant camel. Finding the Iberostar transfer was easy, though. The Djerban air, thick with the promise of sun and intrigue, immediately wrapped around me. My first thought? Oh, this could be good.
  • 15:00 - Check-in Chaos: The lobby, predictably, was gorgeous. Think Moorish arches, shimmering mosaics, and a subtle hum of vacation bliss. Check-in was…a dance. A slow, slightly awkward waltz. Lost in translation, the usual bag of missing information and what feels like 100 questions and a slightly grumpy clerk.
  • 16:00 - Room Reveal… and the Dreaded Suitcase: Finally! My room. Stunning view of the pool. The balcony? Sigh-worthy. BUT… the suitcase. Arrived at my room. Unpacked. The first items of clothing from my travel bag, which were my underwear, completely filled with sand. I mean, honestly, how did that even happen? I spent a good ten minutes shaking, brushing, and muttering colorful curses under my breath. Welcome to Djerba, indeed.
  • 17:00 - Poolside Reconnaissance: Priorities, people. Once the sand situation was somewhat resolved (and I accepted my fate of vaguely sandy everything), it was time for the pool bar. A local cocktail (something involving dates and what I think was rum), a sunbed, and a silent vow to avoid the beach for the rest of the day.
  • 19:00 - Dinner Debacle: The buffet. A culinary battlefield of choices. I went in strong, determined to be adventurous. Then I saw the "mystery meat" stew. My adventurous streak crumpled. I opted for the pasta, which was…fine. Not life-changing, but also, not an affront to my taste buds. The waiter, bless his patient heart, kept refilling my water glass even as I looked like I was contemplating a second helping of pasta.
  • 21:00 - The Entertainment…Is Something: The evening show. Let's just say it was…enthusiastic. Think synchronized dancing with a surprising amount of bedazzling. I clapped politely and then retreated to my balcony, the soft breeze and the distant sound of the waves more appealing than sequins at that moment.

Day 2: Beach Bliss (and a Tummy Rumble)

  • 08:00 - Breakfast Bonanza (and a Surprise): Okay, the breakfast buffet was actually pretty good. The pastries were flaky, the fruit was vibrant, and the coffee was strong enough to raise the dead (or at least, wake me up). Then, I discovered the omelet station. Perfection. I was feeling smug. Then…a rogue almond in my omelet. I almost choked! I'm not sure what went wrong but my breakfast got off to a bad start.
  • 09:00 - Beach Bound (Sand-Free, Hopefully): Determined to conquer the beach, I slathered on the sunscreen, grabbed my book, and marched towards the sea. The sand was…well, sandy. But the water? Crystal clear. Honestly, the Mediterranean is stunning. I spent a good hour just bobbing in the waves, pretending I was a mermaid. Pure bliss.
  • 12:00 - Snack Attack (and Regret): That's when the food gremlins struck. I found a snack bar, and there, shimmering and tempting, were fried pastries filled with…something. I'm not entirely sure what. But it looked delicious. I ate two. Big mistake! I'm still not sure I know what they were, but the tummy rumble began.
  • 13:00 - Hide and Seek with My Stomach: The next few hours were spent in a semi-recumbent position on my sunbed, clutching my stomach and contemplating the meaning of life. I think I briefly considered the merits of a liquid diet. Not my finest hour.
  • 16:00 - Recovery and a Bargain: Slowly, the stomach aches abated. I ventured (cautiously) back to the beach and eventually ended up buying a "genuine" scarf from a beach vendor. It was probably fake. I didn't care. It was colorful, breezy, and reminded me that I was alive.
  • 19:00 - Dinner 2: The Redemption: I approached dinner with newfound caution. Chicken. Rice. Plain. Safe. And… delicious! I was so happy to not feel ill.
  • 21:00 - Sunset Serenity: The sunset was spectacular. The sky turned the color of molten gold, and the sea shimmered. I sat on my balcony, sipping a mint tea, and feeling grateful for the moment. Because, let's be honest, things could be much, much worse.

Day 3: Exploring & Haggling (and Maybe Avoiding the Pastries)

  • 09:00 - A City Adventure: Finally, I'm getting out of the resort! I booked a local tour. The tour guide was a whirlwind of enthusiasm, regaling us with stories of Djerba's history. We visited the colorful market, where the air was thick with spices and the vendors were determined to sell me everything. Haggling is an art form! I ended up with a tiny, intricately carved wooden box, which is really all I could afford.
  • 12:00 - Lunch (a Decision): I decided to steer clear of the hotel buffet for lunch, and I found a local restaurant. I went for the grilled fish. Simple, fresh, and delicious. Success!
  • 14:00 - The Synagogue: A visit to the El Ghriba synagogue was a humbling experience. I don't know much about this location, but it was like being transported to a land of ancient beauty.
  • 16:00 - Hammam Time: I had booked a traditional hammam experience. This was intense—the steam, the scrub, the massage. By the end, I felt like a new person. Or, perhaps, a very clean person. Either way: it was enjoyable.
  • 19:00 - Farewell Dinner and a Moment of Reflection: My last night. The buffet, again. I stuck to safe choices. I watched the sunset from the beach, and I realized: this trip wasn't perfect. But it was real. It was messy. It was full of surprises, both good and…well, less good.
  • 21:00 - Packing and pondering: I packed, watched a bit more TV, and reflected. I can't wait for the next adventure!

Day 4: Departure (And a Promise to Return)

  • 08:00 - Farewell Breakfast: One last breakfast. More pastries! Okay, maybe I still haven't learned my lesson.
  • 09:00 - Last Swim and Sun: One last swim in the pool. One last moment of sunshine. One last deep breath of Djerban air.
  • 12:00 - Departure: The shuttle to the airport. Goodbye Iberostar Eolia. Goodbye Djerba. I'll be back, with or without sand-filled underwear. I promise.

Reflections (Because I need to vent):

  • Would I recommend this hotel? Yeah! It's got its quirks, but it's comfortable, the staff are lovely, and the location is great.
  • Pack light. Seriously. You will regret every extra item.
  • Embrace the adventure. Don't be afraid to try new things (within reason…those mystery meat pastries…still a questionable decision).
  • Laugh at yourself. Because, trust me, you're going to make mistakes.
  • Learn a few basic Arabic phrases. The locals will appreciate it.
  • And, most importantly: have fun.

Now, if you need me, I'll be recovering from a week of sun, sand, and questionable food choices. Cheers!

Escape to Paradise: Montseny's Dream House with Pool & Games!

Book Now

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Escape to Paradise: Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Awaits! - My Brain Dump of FAQs

Alright, buckle up, buttercups. You're thinking about Djerba? Specifically, Eolia? Let's get REAL. I'm not gonna polish anything here. This is what *actually* went down, with all the messy bits. Consider this your pre-trip therapy session… or maybe your post-trip trauma recovery. Either way, let's dive in.

1. Is Eolia… actually paradise? Or just… a nice hotel?

Okay, let's be brutally honest. It's *almost* paradise. But let's just say my idea of paradise includes: a never-ending supply of fresh mint tea (more on that later), a complete absence of screaming toddlers at 7 AM (a BIG ask, sadly), and maybe, *maybe* a personal butler who anticipates my every need. Eolia gets you… 80% of the way there. The beach? Stunning. The sunsets? Instagram-worthy (and I'm not even an Instagram person!). The pool situation? Decent, but get there EARLY if you want a good spot. And the sand… oh, the sand! Like walking on powdered sugar. Seriously, you'll kick off your shoes and immediately feel better. I felt myself start to relax, that's for sure - even if it took the first few days (more on that later too.)

2. The Food… Is it edible? More importantly, is it *good* edible?

Okay, look. All-inclusive food is a gamble, we all know this. Sometimes you win, sometimes you… well, you politely choke down some mystery casserole. At Eolia, it’s… a mixed bag. The breakfast buffet? Honestly, it was the highlight of my mornings. Freshly squeezed orange juice (yes!), piles of pastries (double yes!), and a chef making omelets to order (you better tip him!). Lunch and dinner? Hit or miss. The main buffet? A bit chaotic, a LOT of options, and let's just say the theme nights varied in quality. Some nights you're feeling like you'd won the lottery - the flavours were amazing - and other nights… well, you're reaching for the bread basket. The a la carte restaurants are a must-try, especially the Tunisian one. Get the couscous! Seriously. And learn a few basic phrases of Arabic before you go - it helps! (And I'm being polite here.) I remember one evening, trying to get through a dodgy plate of... I don't even know what it was. Think it was 'seafood' but I wouldn't bet my life on it! The waiter, bless his heart, kept refilling my water, and I'm sure he noticed I wasn't eating. So I just made a joke, mimed that I was *full* (when I'd barely touched it), and he just *smiled* and nodded. That was the beauty of Eolia - there was such a genuine kindness there.

3. What about the Room? Did it feel like a prison cell, or… you know… a *hotel room*?

Okay, let's get real here. My first room… felt like a prison cell. Small, a view of the… air conditioning units. I walked straight back to reception and politely (ish… I think I might have mentioned the word "claustrophobic") requested a different room. They were incredibly helpful, and I got upgraded to a room with a balcony and a partial ocean view. The room was clean, the bed was comfy (important!), and the air conditioning worked (essential!). But it’s not the Ritz, okay? Don't expect a luxurious, sprawling suite. I was there to enjoy the *outside*- but even so, the second room I got was much better. Made all the difference! Just remember to bring international power adapter (trust me).

4. The Staff? Angels? Genies? Or just people doing their jobs?

The staff were the absolute *best* thing about Eolia. Seriously. They are the heart and soul of the place. They were genuinely kind, friendly, and went out of their way to make you feel welcome. They're working *hard*. And if you make an effort with them – even just a simple "Bonjour" or "Shukran" (thank you in Arabic) – they'll go above and beyond. Shout-out to the bar staff, who quickly learned my preferred drink (a very weak gin and tonic, I'm a lightweight). And the lovely lady who cleaned my room (always impeccably done, and sometimes with little towel animals!). I felt like I'd made friends. I remember one day, on a particularly bad mood, something in the room had broken and I was grumpy. But the maintenance guy, he was so smiley - he fixed the issue and he even gave me a little extra mint tea that evening. I felt so much better - It really is the small things that matter.

5. What's the deal with the Entertainment? Are we talking cheesy karaoke, or… actually good stuff?

Okay, the entertainment… It’s… well, it’s all-inclusive entertainment. So manage your expectations. There's a daily program - a lot of it I did avoid - but at times, I was actually *pleasantly* surprised. There's a lot of variety. You have your cheesy karaoke (inevitable!), then the evening shows with local dancers (those were great!), and the daytime activities. There's water aerobics (I chickened out. I’m not a morning person.), beach volleyball (I'm not nearly sporty enough), and a kids club (which, let's face it, is a blessing if you're child-free). I did actually watch the belly dancing one evening. It was… mesmerizing. And I found myself clapping and cheering. So... don't knock it 'til you try it. Okay, maybe knock it a little. Just… go in with an open mind? It's like a box of chocolates… you never know what you're going to get. Just be prepared, and embrace the fun! I actually ended up dancing one night *myself.* Don't ask. I had a few of those gin and tonics…

6. Is Djerba itself… interesting? Or just a resort island?

Djerba is… interesting. It's not just a resort island. It's got a history, a culture, a vibe. Getting out and exploring is a must. I highly recommend a trip to the Djerbahood street art village (very cool!), the old town of Houmt Souk (get lost in the souks!), and a dose of the local culture. Do a desert tour! (Be prepared for the bumpy ride. Bring motion sickness pills!). I did a day trip to the souk in Houmt Souk. I’m not a haggler, but it can be fun! I ended up buying a spice rack, some dates, and a *gorgeous* silver bracelet, but oh, the *persuasion*! The sellers are persistent. And the mint tea… they offer you mint tea EVERYWHERE. I loved it, especially in the quiet of the early mornings. But also, I was also veryBest Hotels Blog

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia

Iberostar Selection Eolia Djerba Djerba Tunisia