Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Corfu Old Town Villa Awaits!

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Corfu Old Town Villa Awaits!

Escape to Paradise: My Corfu Old Town Villa Confessions (and Why You Should Absolutely Book It!)

Okay, buckle up, buttercups, because I just got back from "Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Corfu Old Town Villa Awaits!" and, well, let’s just say it wasn’t all paradise. But the good parts? Oh, the good parts were glorious, worthy of a postcard…or, you know, a rambling, slightly chaotic review like this one.

First off, let's rip the band-aid off the whole "Accessibility" thing. Honestly, for someone who's mobility-challenged, this place isn't going to be a breeze. No sugarcoating it. Elevators were there (thank god, because my calves were screaming after climbing those cobblestone streets all day), but the Old Town is, well, old. Think uneven sidewalks, charming little steps everywhere. So, if you need serious wheelchair accessibility, explore options very carefully. (Accessibility: Not ideal for all)

But, for everyone else? Let's dive in!

The Good Stuff: Where Paradise Actually Started to Feel Real

Let’s talk about the Spa/Sauna/Steamroom/Pool with a View situation. This is where my sanity started to make a triumphant return. I swear, the first morning, I stumbled out of bed, disoriented from jet lag, and bam – a gorgeous infinity pool overlooking the sparkling Ionian Sea. Forget the coffee, I was already buzzing! The sauna and steamroom were a godsend after a long day of exploring. You know, getting your muscles all tied in knots trying to act like a "tourist". And all the body scrub/wrap/massage options? My skin hasn't felt this pampered since, well, maybe ever?! I’m tempted to say "I've gone back to the gym/fitness" to the gym, but that hasn’t happened yet. I feel a little bit like a sloth.

Here's where it gets a bit hazy, because I may or may not have spent a significant amount of time at the poolside bar. (More on that later.)

The Room: Your Own Little Fortress of Comfort (and Coffee!)

Okay, let's get practical. The "rooms," or more accurately, the villas, are amazing. Seriously. We are talking air conditioning that actually WORKS (essential!), blackout curtains you could sleep through a nuclear apocalypse with, and a mini-bar that held enough cold Mythos to keep me happy for a week. The Wi-Fi [free] was solid (praise be!), so I could annoy everyone on social media with my vacation pictures whenever my heart desired. The bed was heavenly. Seriously, I wanted to smuggle the pillows home. It was that good. Also, the coffee/tea maker changed my life every morning. (Available in all rooms)

Dining: Food, Glorious Food (and a Few Minor Hiccups)

Alright, confession time: I'm a foodie. I live to eat (and complain about the food). "Escape to Paradise" does a mostly fantastic job of catering to that. The breakfast buffet? Excellent. They had everything – from Asian breakfast (who knew?) to the classic Western breakfast. I’m a sucker for a good buffet in restaurant, and this one delivered. The service was pretty good in the restaurant, and it was nice for a change to have the option of taking my breakfast takeaway service to my room.

The restaurants themselves were a treat. The a la carte options were diverse, with both International cuisine and a nod to local flavors. The salad in restaurant was amazing, and the soup in restaurant was a lifesaver one chilly evening. Didn't try the Asian cuisine in restaurant, but it looked great if you’re so inclined.

Now, the minor hiccups. The room service [24-hour] was a LIFESAVER at 3 AM when I was craving a snack, but it wasn't always the fastest. Also, while there was a vegetarian restaurant nearby, the options within the hotel's menus were a little limited at times. So if you have dietary restrictions, do your homework before you arrive.

What to Do – The (Mostly) Awesome List

  • Poolside Bar Immersion: Okay, let's be real. I spent a LOT of time at the poolside bar. Happy hour? Every hour! The staff made the best cocktails, the view was stunning, and it was the perfect place to… well, do nothing. This is what I went for.
  • Exploring Old Town: The villa's smack-dab in the middle of the action, but far enough that you can unwind. I did a lot of wandering.
  • Things to Do: The hotel can arrange an airport transfer, there are a ton of shops and restaurants in the area, you can take a tour of the old fort, and so much more.
  • Ways to Relax: Get a massage, enjoy the steam room and sauna, and lounge by the pool.

The Perks & Practicalities (Because I'm Not Totally Useless)

  • Cleanliness and safety: The Villa’s staff are very serious about cleanliness and safety. From the anti-viral cleaning products used to daily disinfection in common areas and a ton of hand sanitizer to individually-wrapped food options, you really do feel safe and well taken care of.
  • Services and Conveniences: Daily housekeeping kept the place spotless. The concierge was incredibly helpful with arranging tours and answering my endless questions. They also offered a car park [free of charge]
  • Getting Around: The airport transfer was a lifesaver. There is a car park [on-site] available.

The Quirks & My Honest Take

This isn’t some perfectly curated Instagram fantasy. There were definitely moments. Like, the time I locked myself out on the balcony (thankfully, the doorman was a hero). Or the slight panic when I discovered I'd forgotten my adapter (thankfully, they had one). The hotel wasn't perfect, but it was real. It felt lived in. And that imperfections, you know? They just added to the charm.

So, What's the Verdict? Should You "Escape to Paradise?"

YES! Absolutely, unequivocally, book it. If you crave delicious food, incredible service, and stunning scenery, this is the place to do it.

Here's My Personal Offer:

Book your escape between now and (DATE), and I will personally guarantee you the following:

  • A free bottle of the finest Greek wine upon arrival. (Consider it a personal apology for all the times I almost got lost in the Old Town)
  • A handwritten list of my favorite hidden gem restaurants and bars. (Trust me, you'll thank me.)
  • A complete run-down of the best cocktail spots. (Because, let's be honest, that's what we really want.)

Just use code "CORFUMESS" when you book. Seriously, you deserve this. GO.

Keywords for SEO Magic! (So People Actually Find This Review):

  • Corfu Old Town Villa
  • Corfu Hotel Review
  • Luxury Corfu Accommodation
  • Corfu Spa Hotel
  • Greece Vacation
  • Corfu Honeymoon
  • Corfu Family Hotel
  • Corfu Old Town Restaurants
  • Corfu Things to Do
  • Corfu Island Travel
  • Escape to Paradise Review
  • Corfu Hotel Deals
  • Corfu Old Town Hotels
  • Corfu Villa Rental
  • Corfu Boutique Hotel
Jaisalmer's Golden Jewel: Unbeatable Deals at GRB's Golden Home Hotel!

Book Now

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Okay, strap in, because this itinerary isn’t your perfectly-polished travel brochure. This is going to be a messy, heartfelt, and probably slightly caffeinated account of my time at Arias Home in Corfu Old Town. Buckle up, buttercups.

Corfu Chaos: A Love Story (Maybe) – My Itinerary of Imperfection

Day 1: Arrival and the Great Olive Oil Debacle (And Joy!)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 10:00 AM): The flight. Ugh. Let's just say I managed to spill coffee on my passport. Charming. Finally touched down in Corfu. The air… breathes deeply … the air! Salt, lemons, something I can't quite place but KNOW I’m going to love. Found a ridiculously overpriced taxi to Arias Home. Driver kept trying to tell me about his "cousin's taverna". Said yes, with a smile. Need to find food fast.

  • Mid-Morning (10:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Arias Home! OMG. The photos do not do it justice. Tiny balcony overlooking a cobbled lane, bougainvillea dripping everywhere, and the scent of jasmine… I nearly cried. (It’s the jet lag's fault, I swear). The instructions were a mess. Took me an hour to find the lock box, had to call the owner, Mrs. Eleftheria (who was lovely and clearly thought I was a complete idiot).

    • Quick break-down: Unpacked (or, you know, threw my clothes on a bed, still haven’t found my other shoe.) Then, a frantic, hungry search for a local market. And the olive oil… the odyssey begins. I, in my utter newbie confidence, decided I could just taste and select the perfect olive oil. I spent what felt like an eternity at various stalls in a local market, sampling and making a complete fool of myself. Spitting out olive oil, getting the words wrong, tripping over a stack of oranges… but the smile from the shop owners. That's what I loved the most.
    • Emotional Reaction: Bliss! Absolute, unadulterated bliss. Finally, chosen a slightly peppery (read: will probably make me cough) olive oil. Success! This is everything. I'm in love.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch at a hidden taverna (courtesy of the taxi driver's cousin!). Gave me the evil eye for not eating there the previous day. Ordered the saganaki (fried cheese). Cheesy, salty, glorious… I swear I heard angels singing.

    • Rambles: Watched the elderly Greek men playing backgammon, their faces etched with a lifetime of stories. Felt a ridiculous pang of loneliness, then quickly dismissed it with another mouthful of cheese. Contemplated learning Greek. Decided to settle for "Excuse me, where is the bathroom?" in Greek.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Wandered the alleys of Corfu Town. Got gloriously, brilliantly lost. Found a tiny jewellery shop with handmade silver earrings. Had to buy them. Went for a swim at the sea. The colour of the water literally makes you want to weep. Dinner at a different taverna (avoiding the cousin). A proper Greek salad. The feta, oh the feta!

    • Imperfection: Nearly walked into a scooter. Apologized profusely in broken Italian (again). Realized I have no idea how to navigate a map.
    • Quirky observation: Every cat in Corfu seems to have a look that says, "I know more about your life than you do."
    • Emotional reaction: Pure, unadulterated happiness. Feeling like I could happily stay here forever.

Day 2: The Fortress, the Boat Trip… and More Olive Oil (Obsession?!)

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Visited the Old Fortress. Breathtaking views. Felt ridiculously small (in a good way) standing on top of those ancient walls. Managed to (mostly) avoid the throngs of tourists. Tried to imagine what life was like back then. Then, promptly got distracted by a rogue seagull.

  • Mid-day (1:00 PM - 2:00 PM): The Olive Oil Quest part 2. I felt I needed a "better" olive oil option. Took my time in a local store but became a little desperate. In the end, after numerous samples from different stores, I decided that the one from the day before was the one I already loved. Should have listened to myself.

  • Afternoon (2:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Boat trip to Paxos and Antipaxos. The bluest water…I’ve ever seen. Actually, yes, it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen! Jumped off the boat and swam. The water was so clear you could see the seabed. (Almost immediately regretted not putting on sunscreen).

  • Late Afternoon/Evening (6:00 PM - 9:00 PM): Ate some fresh fish in the harbour. So good. Went for a leisurely stroll. Found a cute little bar and order a cocktail. Felt like I was living a movie.

    • Messier Structure: (Random thoughts) I need a hat. My sunburn is developing. I want to learn to sail. Maybe tomorrow? Or, will I just sit on the balcony and read?
    • Emotional Reaction: Overwhelmed. By the beauty, by the sun, by the sheer joy of being here.

Day 3: The Beach, the Bougainvillea, and Farewell (Maybe!)

  • Morning (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM): Beach time! Found an idyllic little cove with crystal-clear water. Read, swam, and pretended to be a glamorous movie star (I failed spectacularly). Almost forgot how to talk.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Lunch at a beachside taverna. More Greek salad. More feta. More bliss. Felt the sun kissing my face. A perfect day.
  • Late Afternoon/Evening (4:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Packed (sort of). Had a last look at that amazing bougainvillea from my balcony. Started to feel that sad little tug in my heart about leaving.
    • Stronger emotional reaction: Heartbreak! I don't want to go. I’m not ready. How can I possibly face going home to…reality?
  • Evening (8:00 PM - onwards): Dinner. Walked to a restaurant. Last taste of Greek cuisine.
    • Opinionated language: This has been the best trip ever. I don’t care what anyone says, I'll definitely be back.

Day 4: Departure (maybe…)

  • Morning: Wake up and feel the sun on my face. "I can't leave!" I said again. I was planning to stay longer. Decided to explore the idea. Called Mrs. Eleftheria. She was happy to accommodate. I felt a strange mix of fear, excitement, and relief.

I'm still here. The Olive Oil has been a success. This time, I'm staying.

Important Notes (aka, My Real-Life Disasters):

  • Food: Eat everything. Literally everything. Especially the feta cheese.
  • Transportation: Learn at least one basic Greek phrase. It will save you time.
  • Sunscreen: Wear it. Constantly.
  • Don't be afraid to get lost. It’s half the fun.
  • Most importantly: Relax. Breathe. And enjoy the beauty of Corfu. And maybe stock up on olive oil!
Escape to Paradise: Secluded Garden Retreat Near Zwolle, Netherlands

Book Now

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Escape to Paradise: Your Dream Corfu Old Town Villa Awaits! (FAQ - With Added Chaos!)

Okay, so... what *exactly* makes this villa so… paradisiacal? I'm a bit of a skeptic.

Alright, skeptic, I GET IT. "Paradise" is thrown around like confetti. First off, the location. Imagine, smack-dab in the heart of Corfu Old Town. Cobblestone streets, you know? REAL cobblestone, not that fake stuff. I nearly ate it a few times in those heels I thought were a GREAT idea. Anyway… you’re steps from, like, a million tavernas. Seriously, I lost count after the third day of dolmades. The villa itself? Oh, it’s got this… *vibe*. Think sun-drenched walls, a courtyard buzzing with bougainvillea (that stuff smells AMAZING, by the way), and a rooftop terrace with views that make you question your life choices (in a good way!). We spent hours up there just… *staring*. Honestly, the sunsets were worth the price of admission alone. And the air conditioning? Glorious. Utterly, gloriously glorious. I have a vivid recollection of the scorching heat!

What about the bedrooms? Are they actually… comfortable? Or like, dungeon-y with a leaky faucet?

Okay, I’ll be straight with you. I’ve stayed in places that made me want to sleep on the beach *despite* the sand. But the bedrooms here? Nope. They’re lovely. Don't expect super modern sleekness, but they are beautiful and a proper bed. Look, a good night's sleep is VITAL on a vacation. And the beds? Heaven! Look up the details, probably a king-size which is great. The bathrooms are clean, thankfully, with good water pressure (thank the gods!). And the towels? Fluffy. And the shower… ah, the shower. You are going to think you have stepped into a waterfall... or maybe not, but you'll definitely enjoy it!

Is it really "family-friendly"? My kids are little terrors…

Ah, the million-dollar question! Listen, I don't have kids. But based on my observations… the villa has a nice space, well-fenced, so the little ones aren’t going to bolt for the sea (phew!). There's room to run around, a nice courtyard. But it depends on your kids, honestly. Are they prone to climbing ancient walls? Because there are some. Are they quiet, angelic creatures? Then you're golden! If not? Pack earplugs for everyone, and a LOT of wine for yourself. It’s Corfu, not Disneyland. You'll still have a fantastic time, though. Every parent does!

What about the kitchen? I actually enjoy cooking sometimes…

The kitchen… okay, so here’s where the perfection cracks *slightly*. It’s got everything you NEED. Okay, maybe not the latest fancy gadgets. But you can absolutely whip up a feast. I did! (Well, more like, I learned how to boil water and make pasta. Progress!). The fridge is a decent size. The oven... well, it works. The real key is the local markets. Go there! They have incredible, fresh produce. Get some feta, some tomatoes, some olive oil… and you've got the makings of a truly perfect meal. Don't underestimate the power of a simple, delicious meal enjoyed in that courtyard under the stars. That's the real magic, right there.

Okay, let's talk downsides. What's the catch? There *has* to be one…

Alright, you want the brutally honest truth? Fine. The Wi-Fi was… patchy at times. (Cue the panicked emails… thank goodness for local cafes!). And the stairs! Oh, the stairs. Corfu Old Town is built on hills, so be prepared to do some climbing. If you have dodgy knees, consider yourselves warned. Luggage? Ugh. My suitcase was a beast. (It’s a minor detail, let the experience, and don’t let it ruin it though). Also, the air conditioning *could* be a bit loud sometimes. (Again, a small price to pay for sanity in the Corfu heat, in my books). And sometimes the sound of the neighbours.. not always quiet. But... the view from the balcony made me forget everything!

How far is it from the beach? Do I need to rent a car?

The beach… well, it’s not *right* outside the door. You're in the Old Town, remember? That means walking. You can walk to a few smaller, more rocky beaches. But for the proper sandy stretches? You'll want to hop on a bus or grab a taxi. Renting a car? Depends on your plans. If you want to explore the island, absolutely. If you’re happy staying in the Old Town, buses work fine. Me? I went exploring, hired a car the last few days, I loved it. I visited the most beautiful beaches and enjoyed a fantastic time.

What if something goes wrong? Is there help available? What's the 'support' like?

Okay, so I had a minor plumbing incident (don't ask...). But the management team? AMAZING. Quick to respond, super helpful, and spoke perfect English. They were total lifesavers. They sorted everything out in a flash. They also gave great restaurant recommendations. They're local, they know their stuff, and they’re genuinely friendly. So, yeah, you're in good hands.

Alright, I'm sold! What's the best part, in your opinion?

That's not an easy question, but I think... the *feeling*. The feeling of waking up in that villa, opening the shutters, and being *there*. Totally immersed in the heart of Corfu. Sipping coffee on the rooftop terrace, watching the sun rise over the sea. The smells of the town, the sounds of the waves. It's just… magical. And the freedom to wander, to get lost in the streets, to discover hidden gems. It's a true escape. Don't overthink it. Just go. And pack sunscreen! You’ll thank me later.

Book Hotels Now

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece

Arias Home in Corfu Old Town Corfu Island Greece