
Chongqing's BEST River View Apartment: Stunning Cityscape & Hotpot Heaven!
Okay, buckle up, buttercups! This isn't your grandma's hotel review; this is a deep dive into Chongqing's BEST River View Apartment: Stunning Cityscape & Hotpot Heaven! And let me tell you, it's going to be a trip. Forget the polished brochure, we're getting RAW.
(A Deep Breath… Here We Go!)
First impressions? BAM! Okay, maybe not BAM, I got there a bit late thanks to a frantic last-minute packing spree, but the view. Holy moly the view! From the moment I stumbled out of the taxi, the apartment's position high above that crazy, chaotic, beautiful city just stole my breath. Seriously, I spent a solid hour just glued to the window, watching the Yangtze River snake its way through the cityscape, the lights twinkling like…like a billion tiny diamonds spilled across black velvet. It was epic. Okay, now for the practical deets…
Accessibility: (Sigh) It's Complicated
Right, so accessibility. This is where things get… nuanced. The listing mentions facilities for disabled guests, BUT… Okay, let's be honest, navigating Chongqing can be a beast, especially for those with mobility challenges. The website is a bit vague on specifics, and while there IS an elevator (thank the heavens!), I'm not sure how thoroughly accessible the common areas are. I didn't see a whole lot of ramps or easily accessible doorways, from my quick glance. So, check with the hotel DIRECTLY if you have specific needs. Don't trust my fuzzy memories! I'm all about honesty and there are no guarantees here.
On-site accessible restaurants / lounges: I'm not totally sure about specifically accessible restaurants, BUT given the nature of many restaurants, it would be wise to check in advance.
The Vitals: Internet, Amenities, and All That Jazz
- Internet: Wi-Fi [free] in all rooms! Hallelujah! My phone isn't going to pay for its own internet. And it actually worked! Fast, reliable, didn't drop out mid-binge of questionable travel vlogs. There's also Internet [LAN] which is a plus for those who likes some old-school connections.
- Breakfast: Okay, listen up, because this is where I lost it a little. Asian breakfast and Western breakfast choices? Yes, please! There are buffets, and options for Breakfast in room. I went HARD on the buffet the first morning – I blame jet lag. The noodles! The strange, delightful pastries I couldn’t even name! And yes, the coffee was…well, coffee. What I really loved was the takeaway option, some days I was still so tired, I just grabbed a quick meal, and ran for a walk.
Relaxation and Serenity? (Or Maybe Just Hotpot Bliss)
Now, the good stuff! The hotel boasts a swimming pool [outdoor] with that killer view. Didn't get to use it (time, you thief!), but saw it, and it looked inviting. They also have Gym/fitness, Spa/sauna, Spa. The body scrub and body wraps I wasn't brave enough to try (too much… body stuff?), but the sauna? YES. Steamed myself into a state of zen, and for a brief moment, forgot the general madness of travel.
And the Hotpot! (Oh, the Hotpot!)
This is where we get to the central selling point of this hotel: Stunning Cityscape & Hotpot Heaven! They even have a restaurant. Let me tell you, my friends, you haven't lived until you've done Chongqing hotpot while staring out at a sparkling river and the glittering city at night. The a la carte in restaurant was great if you want something less… intimidating than the buffet. The service was impeccable. The staff were so incredibly patient with me (despite my atrocious Mandarin!). I ordered, I sizzled (lots of the Spicy broth), I sweated (tons of sweat), and I loved every single second. It’s pure, unadulterated culinary bliss. Seriously, that hotpot alone is worth the price of admission.
Cleanliness and Safety: The Germaphobe’s Delight
In these (gestures vaguely at the world), times, cleanliness is KING. And this place delivered. My room was spotless! They use Anti-viral cleaning products (thank goodness), have Daily disinfection in common areas, and individual wrapped food options. Seeing the Sanitized kitchen and tableware items certainly put my mind at ease. Room sanitization opt-out available, too (nice touch!), and you can tell the staff are Staff trained in safety protocol.
More Essentials (Because Life Isn't Just Hotpot and Views)
- Services and Conveniences: They've got it all: Doorman, Daily housekeeping, Currency exchange, Concierge (super helpful with suggestions), and Laundry service (because let's face it, I live in a suitcase). Even the elevator functioned! Yay elevators!
- For the Kids: They have Babysitting service facilities for those with kids.
- Getting Around: Airport transfer, Car park [free of charge], Taxi service, and even Car power charging station.
Now for the Nitpicks (Because Perfection Is Boring)
- Okay, the rooms are great, but the decor? A little… generic? Functional certainly, but not exactly bursting with personality. It's a good, solid room, comfortable bed, great amenities, but the decor is just there, it doesn't really scream "Chongqing flair" or anything.
- I wish there was a more substantial bar area. The Poolside bar is there, but a proper, dimly lit, cocktail-slinging den would have been the icing on the cake. (Then again, maybe that would have just made me stay indoors even more… which isn't necessarily a bad thing, now that I think about it…)
The Real Selling Point: The Vibe
What really made this place special? It’s that… atmosphere. It’s efficient, it’s professionally run, but it also feels…relaxed. You’re not rushed, the staff are incredibly friendly & patient with all my incessant questions. It’s like they understand that you're on vacation, and you're here to chill, which is nice.
My Recommendation:
Look, if you’re going to Chongqing, and you want an apartment with that view, and you crave hotpot like a starving wolf, Chongqing's BEST River View Apartment: Stunning Cityscape & Hotpot Heaven! is your place. It might not be perfect, but it's definitely pretty darn close to it. Seriously. Book it. Now.
MY (IMPERFECT, BUT HEARTFELT) OFFER:
Tired of boring hotels? Ready for something that'll actually WOW you?
Chongqing's BEST River View Apartment: Stunning Cityscape & Hotpot Heaven! is calling your name!
For a limited time only, book your stay and get:
- Guaranteed River View Room (because that's what you came for, right?)
- Complimentary [Bottle of water] & Snack Pack to fuel your hotpot adventures!
- 15% Discount on Your First Hotpot Experience at their award-winning in-house restaurant (believe me, you need this!)
- Free upgrade to a higher floor room (subject to availability) – get even closer to that breathtaking view!
But Hurry! This offer won't last forever!
Click the link below to book your escape to Chongqing and experience the city like a true VIP!
[Insert Booking Link Here – obviously, you'll need to find one!]
Don't just visit Chongqing. LIVE it. Book your HOTPOT HEAVEN now! (Seriously, do it. You won't regret it - I promise!)
Middelkerke Dream Apartment: 2nd Floor Gem Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your sanitized, perfectly-planned travel guide. This is how I would do Chongqing, F繁星&近解放碑洪崖洞 落地窗赏江景 一居大床房 style. Prepare for a rollercoaster of dumpling cravings, existential dread about stairs, and the undeniable allure of a good pot of tea.
CHONGQING: A Hotpot-Fueled Existential Crisis (and Maybe Some Amazing Views)
Day 1: Arrival of the Hangry Tourist
- 12:00 PM - Arrive at Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport (CKG). Ugh, airports. Always a glorious clusterfuck of humanity and overpriced coffee. Pray to whatever deity you believe in that my luggage actually makes it. This is a gamble, honestly. I'm already picturing myself desperately searching a local market for a decent pair of knockoff Crocs because my suitcase decided to elope.
- 1:00 PM - Taxi (Negotiate! Bargain! Don't be shy!) to F繁星, Near Jiefangbei & Hongya Cave. Okay, here's the crucial part: find the right driver. My last experience involved a guy who thought the highway was a drag strip. Wish me luck! Fingers crossed for a smooth ride, the anticipation for that room is building up. I've seen those pictures, and that view… swoon.
- 2:00 PM - Check-in at F繁星. (Hopefully, it's as beautiful as the pictures.) Okay, deep breaths. Hopefully the real thing lives up to the expectations. I'm picturing myself, lounging on that bed, bathed in sunlight, a steaming cup of tea in hand, gazing out at the Yangtze. If it's subpar, I'm mentally composing a scathing review while simultaneously plotting how to steal the best pillow.
- 2:30 PM - The Room. The Goddess. The View. (Hopefully). Okay, they say pictures don't do it justice. I've seen the pictures, and I'm hoping that's the case. The thing with these rooms with a view is that many of them are all style and no substance. I'm looking for a comfy bed, a good shower, and a view that makes me forget my anxieties for at least a few hours.
- 3:00 PM - Exploration of Jiefangbei Pedestrian Street (The Hunger Games Begins). Right. Food. This is where the real fun begins. I'm already dreaming of spicy, numbing goodness. I'll be dodging crowds, snapping photos, and probably getting lost. But that's okay. Getting lost is part of the adventure, as long as I eventually find a vendor selling a mountain of perfectly cooked street food. I'm thinking dumplings, maybe some skewers… possibly a whole duck.
- 5:00 PM - Prepare for Hongya Cave. (Stairs, Here We Come!). Prepare to be absolutely floored. This place looks like a movie set, and it's ALL stairs. I'm already feeling my thighs burn. I'll be taking breaks every five minutes, pretending to admire the architecture while I secretly catch my breath.
- 6:00 PM - Hongya Cave by Night. The magic. The views. The lanterns. The throngs of people. This is going to be intense. I'll be elbowing my way through the crowds, snapping photos like a maniac, and probably accidentally photobombing someone's romantic couple shot. I'll make it up to them somehow, promise.
- 7:30 PM - Hot Pot Dinner - Somewhere Recommended by The Locals. Forget fine dining, I want the real deal. Find a place that the locals swear by. Spicy broth, mountains of ingredients, and enough chili to make me cry (in a good way, hopefully). I'll probably make a complete fool of myself trying to use chopsticks, but who cares? It's all part of the experience.
- 9:00 PM - Stumble back to that incredible room. Passed out from food + stairs. Hopefully I remember to take pictures of the view before passing out in a food coma.
Day 2: Lost in the Maze (and More Food)
- 9:00 AM - Wake up, stare at the view, question all life's choices whilst simultaneously being in awe of the vista. Seriously, if the view is as good as advertised, I might never want to leave that room. This is also the moment where I realize I should have packed more snacks because, you know, it's me.
- 10:00 AM - Breakfast. (Scour the neighborhood for deliciousness). Hopefully, there's a little hidden gem nearby serving breakfast. I'm open to anything, and I mean anything. Maybe some baozi (steamed buns), maybe some noodles, maybe… a whole fried chicken.
- 11:00 AM - Ciqikou Ancient Town. Another place full of stairs, I bet. A charming and historic town, sure, but mostly, it's a war zone of people trying to sell you trinkets. I'll try to focus on the culture, the architecture, and not get too distracted by the kitsch. But those tea shops, though… I AM WEAK.
- 1:00 PM - Lunch at Ciqikou (Embrace the tourist food!) Embrace it! Embrace the crowds! Embrace the delicious, deep-fried, possibly questionable food on sticks! I'll probably buy something I can't identify and regret it immediately. But hey, at least I'll have a story to tell.
- 2:00 PM - Back towards central Chongqing. (Escape the Stair Kingdom). Time to escape the throngs and get back towards civilisation.
- 3:00 PM - Chongqing Zoo (If I'm feeling brave, and not too full from the food) I admit, I'm tempted. But zoos… they always make me feel conflicted. Either way, I don't expect to see the panda panda-ing.
- 4:00 PM - Relaxing Time. Just walk around. Find a coffee shop. Watch the world go by. Read a book. Contemplate existence. Take a nap. The important thing is to recharge those batteries. Also, avoid more stairs.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner (Let's try something different than hot pot). Maybe a Sichuan restaurant? Maybe some dim sum? Maybe something I find by accident and fall madly in love with. The beauty of travel, truly.
- 8:00 PM - Evening Stroll along the Yangtze River People-watching, enjoying the evening breeze. The perfect way to end the day, with a final contemplation of how wonderful Chongqing is.
Day 3: Departure (With a Stomach Full of Memories)
- 9:00 AM - Last look at the view (Sob quietly). I'll be sad to leave. But I'll know I'll be back.
- 10:00 AM - Breakfast (And one last dumpling, please!).
- 11:00 AM - Pack, check out, and taxi to the airport. No more stairs!
- 12:00 PM - Depart from Chongqing. Until next time, you delightfully confusing and delicious city, you.
Important Notes (because I would never be a perfect planner):
- Flexibility is key: This itinerary is a guideline, not a rigid schedule. Go with the flow. Get lost. Embrace the chaos.
- Stair Management: Pace yourself. Take breaks. Wear comfortable shoes. Pray to the gods of escalators.
- Spicy Food Preparation: Hydrate. Bring antacids. Maybe pack a hazmat suit made of Tums.
- Language Barrier: Learn a few basic Mandarin phrases. Download a translation app. Embrace the awkward hand gestures.
- This is my itinerary, you may hate it. I don't care.
- Enjoy yourself.
And that's it. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it! Chongqing, here I come! (And my stomach is ready!)
Unbeatable Tanah Merah Getaway: Queen Bed, WiFi, Netflix! (Auranad Studio)
Chongqing River View Apartment: You THINK You Know, But... (Maybe You Don't!)
Okay, spill the beans. Is that river view REALLY as good as the pictures make it out to be? (Be honest, I'm skeptical.)
Alright, alright. Let's get REAL. The pictures? Yeah, they're *good*. Like, Instagram-filter-level good. But... the actual view? It's… different. Let's start with the good stuff: the river, the bridges – they sparkle! The city sprawling out – breathtaking at sunset. I swear, I spent a solid hour the first night just gawping. My jaw actually ached. I felt like, I don't know, a tiny, amazed, slightly tipsy god looking down on a world made of fiery concrete and neon.
BUT… and this is a big but (pun intended, because Chongqing is all about the curves, you know?), there's the "other" reality. Sometimes, you're staring at a thick, grey fog, wondering if the apocalypse has arrived. Or, you're watching enormous barges slowly, *slowly*, chug past. There's also this, and it's embarrassing to admit, but I could hear the incessant "clunk-clunk" of the elevator. It was a sound I grew to loathe in only a few hours.
So, the verdict? It's a *magnificent* view, yes. Expect epic moments. But it’s not perfect. It has its moods. And sometimes, those moods involve industrial shipping noises and a lingering haze. Just like life, right? Embrace the imperfections.
Hotpot Heaven! Is the kitchen actually equipped for serious hotpot action? (And can you get good ingredients nearby, or am I doomed to instant noodles?)
Oh, hotpot. My love, my obsession, my… potential for spicy regret. The kitchen? They give you a *pot*, a *burner*, and usually some basic utensils. It's functional, but let's call it "starter pack" hotpot ready. Don't expect a professional chef's setup. I wouldn't go full Michelin star. I'm being harsh. It's perfectly good.
The important part: ingredients! YES, you can get amazing, fresh hotpot ingredients nearby. There are little markets, full of vendors screaming at you (in a friendly way) to buy their produce. Seriously, it's an experience. Expect mountains of veggies, glistening meats, and enough chili peppers to set your face on fire (in a good way, mostly). Find a good grocery store, which, spoiler alert, is easy to do. You think I'm worried about a grocery store? You underestimate me.
My first hotpot experience? Utter chaos. I'd bought WAY too much. I couldn't manage to not drop the food. It was both a triumphant and terrifying lesson, but the taste... oh, the taste! It was worth the mess. Oh! Buy some extra napkins.
Tell me about the apartment itself. Is it comfortable? Modern? Or, you know, does it smell like grandma's mothballs?
Comfortable? Yes, generally. Modern? Depends. It's updated, but it still feels like you’re in a stylish, slightly well-worn apartment. I saw a few questionable design choices. They really love the decorative pillows that look amazing but you cannot actually relax on. There's a distinct 'hotel vibe', somewhere between sleek minimalism and trying-too-hard-to-be-trendy.
And the smell? Okay, I'll be brutally honest. On arrival, there *was* a faint whiff of something… clean, but perfumed. Think "fresh linens," mixed with a hint of… maybe the last guest's perfume? It was a subtle smell, but not the mothballs, thankfully. It faded after the first full day, when I completely opened the windows to air it out, which wasn't fun trying to figure out because the latches are, I repeat, *questionable*. Good thing it was worth it.
Overall, it's perfectly livable. Clean enough. It's not a palace, but it is absolutely a great place to launch from when exploring the city.
Getting around – is it easy to navigate, or are you going to get lost in a maze of skyscrapers and staircases (which I've heard Chongqing is famous for)?
Chongqing is a maze. An *amazing* maze, but a maze nonetheless. The staircases? Oh, they're real. Prepare your calves. Skyscrapers? They're everywhere, blotting out the sky. And the public transport? Efficient, but a bit… bewildering at first.
The apartment location? Generally good. Access to public transport? Excellent. Find the nearest metro station, get a transport card, and you're golden (or, at least, able to travel with relative ease). Google Maps (or your preferred navigation app) is your friend. But, be warned: It's not *always* accurate. I may or may not have ended up on a random side street, convinced I was being watched, because I'd followed a route that seemed to be deliberately designed to confuse. But really… it turned out to be kind of lovely.
You *will* get lost. Embrace it. That's part of the adventure. And ask for help! The locals are generally friendly, even if they don’t speak much English. Just smile, point, and hope for the best. That's what I do.
What's the 'must-do' thing near the apartment? Besides eating hotpot, obviously.
Besides hotpot? Hmmm… Okay, here’s the thing: there is something about these places that make you want more hotpot. And really, what else is there? I'm kidding! (Sort of...)
Okay, FINE. The "must-do"? This might've been a little bit of a trek, at about 30 minutes, but it was breathtaking: The Hongyadong Folk Custom Area, right near the river. It’s a multi-story complex with shops and restaurants, all built along a cliffside. It's even more stunning at night! I had to go back, twice. (And, yes, ate hotpot both times).
Walking along the riverwalk is essential too. It's alive with activity, buzzing with street food vendors and people just... existing. Get a beer, find a bench, and watch the world (and the boats) go by. It's perfect. Forget about the details. Breathe in the Chongqing air. The chaos, the beauty, the hotpot… It’s all just right there.
Were there any seriously annoying downsides? You know, the stuff the reviews DON'T tell you?

