
Thanarom Place Chonburi: Your Thai Paradise Awaits!
Okay, buckle up, buttercup, because we’re about to dive headfirst into Thanarom Place Chonburi: Your Thai Paradise Awaits! And frankly, I'm excited. Travel writing can be so… sterile. I'm aiming for a review that feels like we're huddled around a lukewarm Singha beer, gossiping about the place. Let's get messy!
Thanarom Place Chonburi: The Real Deal (Maybe?) – A Review That Actually Feels Real
So, first things first. Accessibility. This is a big one for me, because let's be real, nobody wants to try and haul a suitcase up a precarious flight of stairs after a 14-hour flight. And Thanarom, bless their hearts, seems to be trying. They list "Facilities for disabled guests" and an elevator. That's a good start, I guess. I'm a bit skeptical – sometimes "accessible" means a ramp that doubles as a waterslide. More info would be great, like specific ramp grades, handrail presence, and the exact wording of the accessibility in the rooms: is it just the bathroom? Is it the entire room? I'd love to hear real experiences from guests.
- Accessibility Score: Jury's still out until I get some concrete feedback. Promising, but verify, verify, verify. And please, someone check those ramps!
- Wheelchair Accessible: Needs more info.
Getting In Touch with the Outside World (aka, The Internet)
Okay, internet. Crucial. Especially when you’re trying to avoid real-world interaction after 20 hours of travel (you know, jet lag is a beast). They shout " Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! " like it's a miracle. And hey, it is! Thank GOODNESS. Wi-Fi in rooms, internet, LAN, internet services – it's all covered. Wi-Fi in public areas as well. That's how it should be. I need my cat videos. I haven’t really spent a lot of time worrying about LAN or special internet services. BUT I'd want to know if it's fast enough to stream a movie without buffering. Because, let's face it, a crying Thai drama marathon is a legitimate relaxation method.
- Internet Score: Sounds good on paper. Let's hope it delivers the goods.
- Internet: Available.
- Internet [LAN]: Provided.
- Internet Services: Unknown specifics, but assumed to be working.
- Wi-Fi in public areas: Yes.
Things to Do and Ways to (Attempt to) Relax – The Spa Saga
Alright, now we're talking. Ways to relax are essential. Let's breakdown the spa situation. Body scrub? Body wrap? Fitness center? Foot bath? Massage? Pool with a view? Sauna? Spa? Spa/sauna? Steamroom? Swimming pool? Swimming pool [outdoor]? Oh, my. That's a lot of promises. I hope this is real.
Okay, here's where my slightly cynical side emerges. I’ve been to spas that felt less relaxing and more like being herded through a cattle chute. The key is, does it FEEL luxurious? Is the pool actually clean? Is the massage anything other than a glorified tickle? A pool with a view? A view of what? A rusty air conditioner? Because that would be a buzzkill. Sauna, steamroom, all the usual suspects. The presence of this is great, now it depends on the details.
- Things to Do/Relaxation Score: Promising menu, quality TBD.
- Body scrub: Listed.
- Body wrap: Listed.
- Fitness center: Yes!
- Foot bath: Included.
- Gym/fitness: Listed (same as Fitness Center).
- Massage: Crucial. I NEED to know if this is the real deal.
- Pool with view: Intriguing. Details needed.
- Sauna: Included.
- Spa: Included.
- Spa/sauna: Included.
- Steamroom: Yup.
- Swimming pool: Standard.
- Swimming pool [outdoor]: Good.
Cleanliness and Safety – The Post-Pandemic Dance
Right, let's be real - especially in 2024, this is more important than ever. They've got a checklist longer than my grocery list after a bad day: Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Hand sanitizer, Hygiene certification, Individually-wrapped food options, Physical distancing of at least 1 meter, Professional-grade sanitizing services, Room sanitization opt-out available, Rooms sanitized between stays, Safe dining setup, Sanitized kitchen and tableware items, Staff trained in safety protocol, Sterilizing equipment. PHEW. That sounds like a lot of effort.
Here's the thing: actions speak louder than words. Does it feel clean? Is the hand sanitizer everywhere? Are the staff wearing masks properly? (And not just chin-straps, people!). You can say all the right things, but I’ll be judging the experience. I'm hoping it doesn't feel sterile. I would hate to feel like I'm walking around in a biohazard zone!
- Cleanliness & Safety Score: Sounds good on paper & must be maintained.
- Anti-viral cleaning products: Yes.
- Breakfast in room: Yes, let's hope the breakfast are also clean.
- Breakfast takeaway service: Yes.
- Cashless payment service: Makes sense.
- Daily disinfection in common areas: Yay.
- Doctor/nurse on call: Always a good thing.
- First aid kit: Necessary
- Hand sanitizer: Important.
- Hot water linen and laundry washing: Standard.
- Hygiene certification: Excellent.
- Individually-wrapped food options: Good.
- Physical distancing of at least 1 meter: Good.
- Professional-grade sanitizing services: Great.
- Room sanitization opt-out available: Good.
- Rooms sanitized between stays: Good.
- Safe dining setup: Sounds key.
- Sanitized kitchen and tableware items: Yes.
- Shared stationery removed: Smart move.
- Staff trained in safety protocol: Essential.
- Sterilizing equipment: Necessary.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking – The Foodie Factor
Now for the real fun. Eating. And drinking. And maybe more eating. They've got a lot of options: restaurant, bar, coffee shop, snack bar, poolside bar, Asian cuisine, international cuisine, vegetarian restaurant. A buffet? Ooooh, risky. Buffets can be heaven or a petri dish. A la carte? A safe bet. Room service? 24-hour room service? You have my attention, Thanarom. The idea of ordering pad thai at 3 AM while battling jet lag is a beautiful thing.
I'm a sucker for a good Asian breakfast. But is it authentic? Are they serving real Thai coffee, or some watered-down instant nonsense? If they have a good soup, I am a guaranteed customer. I am very happy to see a Vegetarian restaurant included, but the rest of the menu is still a mystery.
- Dining, Drinking, and Snacking Score: Potentially Excellent. Depends on the execution.
- A la carte in restaurant: Good.
- Alternative meal arrangement: Helpful.
- Asian breakfast: Intriguing.
- Asian cuisine in restaurant: Yes.
- Bar: Of course.
- Bottle of water: Good.
- Breakfast [buffet]: Risky but hopeful.
- Breakfast service: Standard.
- Buffet in restaurant: Hopeful but needs to be clean.
- Coffee/tea in restaurant: Yes.
- Coffee shop: Good for a quick caffeine fix.
- Desserts in restaurant: Yes!
- Happy hour: YES!
- International cuisine in restaurant: Nice!
- Poolside bar: Essential.
- Restaurants: Multiple.
- Room service [24-hour]: YES.
- Salad in restaurant: Good.
- Snack bar: Good for a late-night bite.
- Soup in restaurant: I'M SOLD.
- Vegetarian restaurant: Wonderful.
- Western breakfast: Good.
- Western cuisine in restaurant: Nice.
Services and Conveniences – The Perks and the Practicalities
- Air conditioning in public area… well, that's just expected…
- Business facilities… I'm not here for work…
- Cash withdrawal, concierge, convenience store… All good. They're hitting the standard bases.
- Daily housekeeping… necessary.
- Elevator…

Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because we're diving HEADFIRST into the swirling, chaotic, gloriously imperfect world of Thanarom Place, Chonburi! This isn't your polished travel brochure fantasy; this is the real deal. Get ready for some sunburned shoulders, questionable street food decisions, and the kind of memories that stick with you long after you've unpacked your suitcase.
Day 1: Arrival and the Glorious, Grimy Chaos of Thanarom
- Morning (approximately 8:00 AM): Arrived at Suvarnabhumi Airport (BKK). Ugh. Airports. Endless queues, screaming children, and the lingering smell of stale coffee. Honestly, they're a necessary evil. Grabbed a taxi (haggling BEGINS!) to Thanarom Place. The drive? A thrilling mix of honking, scooters that defy the laws of physics, and the breathtaking chaos that is Bangkok's traffic. I swear, I aged a year in that trip.
- Mid-morning (10:00 AM): Arrived at Thanarom. My pre-booked hotel (don't even ask, I'm not revealing my accommodation choices, that's my secret!) was… well, let's just say it was "authentic." No aircon, a questionable stain on the bedsheet, and a view of a brick wall. But hey, it was cheap, and that's half the battle, right?!
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Absolutely HAD to dive straight into the street food. Found a little vendor selling Pad See Ew. It was so hot, so greasy, so overwhelmingly delicious, I nearly wept with joy. My stomach grumbled after, but honestly, I'd do it again, and probably will tomorrow. That stuff was the food of the gods.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Wandered the streets – got completely lost, of course – which is the best way to truly experience a place. Encountered a vibrant market – fruit vendors calling out, the smell of spices, and enough exoticness to make your head spin. Bought a mango (absolutely divine, best mango I've ever had) and got totally ripped off on a plastic water bottle. Lesson learned: always be vigilant.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Tried to visit Wat Yai Intharam. Got lost, but found it! That temple was simply incredible. The way the light filtered through the ancient architecture, the golden statues – it was genuinely awe-inspiring. Took a moment to just… breathe. Felt a sense of calm I definitely needed after the airport.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Dinner at a local restaurant. Learned to order with a combination of hand gestures and broken Thai. Ordered something that was probably not what I asked for but turned out to be amazing: Spicy Fish. I could barely breathe, but I couldn't stop eating. This is what I came for.
- Night (9:00 PM): Crashed, utterly exhausted but completely exhilarated.
Day 2: Beach Vibes and Questionable Decisions
- Morning (9:00 AM): Beach time! (Beach access required an early start) Took a Songthaew (a shared truck) to the beach. The ride was bumpy, the air was thick with exhaust fumes, and I loved every second of it.
- Morning (10:00 AM): The beach. The sand was hot, the water was warm, and the vendors were relentless. But the feeling of finally being able to relax, listening to the waves… pure bliss. Spent a good amount of time getting burnt to a crisp.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Ate at a restaurant overlooking the beach. Ordered fried rice and a Chang beer. Watched the world go by. Seriously considered just staying there forever.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Attempted some water sports. Let's just say my jet-skiing skills were… lacking. Nearly capsized, scared myself half to death, and emerged with my dignity slightly tarnished. I think I’ll stick to lying on the beach. Now I know I'm definitely not going to be the next James Bond.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Got way too much sun and went back to the hotel, which had no air conditioning. Oops.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Went back to the town market. Had a really weird and amazing experience with a street vendor who was so happy to see me. I felt like I made a friend.
- Night (9:00 PM): Slept like the actual dead.
Day 3: Culture, Curry, and a Crushing Realization
- Morning (9:00 AM): After waking up at the crack of dawn (thanks, internal clock!), I decided to brave the temple again. This time I took more pictures. This time I saw more. This time, I felt so at peace.
- Mid-morning (11:00 AM): Decided I was truly missing out on the proper Thai meals. Went on a quest to find the perfect Green Curry. Found a place, ordered, and absolutely demolished it. I had to stop myself from ordering seconds.
- Lunch (12:00 PM): Wandered around the markets. Saw some beautiful fruit, but decided I couldn't eat more. My stomach was already overflowing with food.
- Afternoon (2:00 PM): Tried to learn some basic Thai phrases. Failed miserably. I'm pretty sure I ended up ordering a plate of chicken instead of a taxi.
- Late Afternoon (4:00 PM): Went back to the beach. Watched the sun set. Had a major existential crisis about the fact that I had to leave soon.
- Evening (7:00 PM): Packed my suitcase, staring at the growing pile of dirty laundry. Realized I'd probably overspent on the trip. Drank a cheap beer.
- Night (9:00 PM): Flew home. Absolutely exhausted and sad to leave.
Reflections:
Thanarom Place. What a place! It wasn't perfect. It was messy, chaotic, and at times, a bit overwhelming. But that's exactly why it was so amazing. It was real. It was raw. It was a reminder to embrace the imperfections, the unexpected moments, and the sheer joy of being alive. Would I go back? In a heartbeat. And this time, I'm bringing a bigger suitcase for all the memories (and possibly a hazmat suit for the street food)!
Unbelievable Kvariati Glamping! 3 Domes Await in Georgia!
Thanarom Place Chonburi: Okay, So, What's the Deal?! Let's Get Real…
Alright, Seriously, Is Thanarom Place Actually Worth the Hype? Or is it just another Instagram trap?
Okay, deep breaths. So, "hype" is a slippery snake, right? I mean, it's not the lost city of Atlantis, okay? But, here's the real deal: Thanarom Place is… well, it’s got its charms. I went expecting pristine perfection and ended up with a few muddy footprints in my memory, which, honestly, is way more entertaining. You're not going to get the polished, airbrushed experience you might see online. Thank goodness, honestly. It's got a real, lived-in feel. Think more "cozy Thai bungalow owned by your eccentric but lovable auntie" than "luxury spa retreat."
It *can* be Instagram-worthy, sure. The pool is gorgeous. The sunsets are legitimately stunning. But, if you're solely chasing the perfect picture, you might (and I mean *might*) be disappointed. The charm is in the imperfections, the little quirks, the slightly-too-loud karaoke from down the beach. It's not perfect, and that's what makes it... well, actually pretty damn perfect in its own messy, beautiful way. Plus, hello, the food!
What kind of room should I book? Seriously, the choices are overwhelming!
Okay, this is key. Do NOT, I repeat, DO NOT underestimate the importance of your room choice. I, in my infinite wisdom, booked the "budget-friendly" option first time around. Let's just say it involved a lot of strategically placed mosquito coils and a healthy dose of existential dread (mostly due to the questionable plumbing, if I'm being brutally honest).
My advice? Splurge a little. Seriously. Go for the bungalows closest to the beach. The sound of the waves is worth the extra baht. And trust me, you'll *really* appreciate the air conditioning. Find one with a balcony or a patio. It's where you'll spend most of your time, drinking your morning coffee (or, let's be real, your afternoon Singha), and soaking up the Thai vibes.
Avoid rooms near the karaoke, unless you're into that scene. The local talent can be...enthusiastic. Very enthusiastic. I witnessed one gentleman attempt a rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" that would have Freddie Mercury spinning in his grave. But hey, it was all part of the experience, right?
The Food! Tell me about the food! Is it edible? Good? AMAZING?!
The food... oh. My. GOD. The food. Okay, deep breaths. Forget everything you know about hotel food. Thanarom Place's restaurant is a straight-up revelation. I am still, months later, dreaming of the *pad thai*. Seriously, it was the best I've ever had. Better than I had in all of Bangkok. I would go back just for that Pad Thai.
Don't be afraid to try the local dishes. The staff are incredibly helpful and can guide you through the menu (even if their English isn't perfect, you'll get by – that's part of the fun!). Order everything! The curries are rich and flavourful. The seafood is incredibly fresh. And the breakfasts...oh, the breakfasts! Fresh fruit, delicious coffee. It's a tropical paradise on a plate! I spent a week there, and didn't get even remotely sick. And I'm VERY sensitive to dodgy street food, so that says a lot!
Be warned, though: there is a slight risk of developing a serious, possibly life-altering addiction to Thai food. Good luck fighting it.
What's the beach like? Is it swimmable? Clean?
Okay, let's be real about the beach. It's not the pristine, postcard-perfect beach you see in some marketing materials. There's some seaweed, and the water isn't always crystal clear. Sometimes, depending on the tides, it can be a little... murky. It's not the Maldives, okay? Keep your expectations in check.
BUT. The atmosphere is fantastic. The sand is soft enough to sink your toes into. It’s a real beach. Not always super clean, but real. It's the kind of beach where you can actually relax. There are local vendors selling fresh fruit and snacks, so you can grab a mango and chill. You can definitely swim, and it's generally safe (though always check the current conditions!). It's more "laid-back Thai beach" than "luxury resort beach," and I personally, *love* that.
Don't expect perfectly-groomed everything. Embrace the slightly wild and authentic vibe. You might even see a stray dog or two wandering around. (Don't worry, they're usually harmless and just looking for a snack.)
What's there to *do* besides lie on the beach and eat?
Okay, so, yes, the beach and eating are definitely the main events. But there *is* other stuff! There are a couple of local temples you can visit. They're not exactly the Grand Palace, but they're worth a quick peek.
You can also rent a scooter and explore the surrounding area. This is highly recommended, but be careful – Thai roads can be a bit…chaotic. The scenery is beautiful. You can wander and find all sorts of cute little beachside shacks and shops. Then, once you get tired, head back for some more Pad Thai!
And, if you're feeling adventurous, you can arrange a day trip to one of the nearby islands. Just ask at reception. They can help with all that!
Okay, so, what's the staff like? Are they friendly? Do they speak English?
The staff are… well, they’re one of the best things about Thanarom Place. They're genuinely lovely. Warm, welcoming, and always smiling. Their English isn't always perfect, but they try so, so hard! And you get it. You really do. It’s part of the charm. Their patience is endless.
Don't expect slick service. Expect genuine care. Remember, you're in Thailand! A little patience and a lot of smiles go a long way. Embrace the relaxed pace. Don't rush. Take your time. And tip generously. They really deserve it.
Anything I *absolutely* shouldn't forget to pack?
Okay, listen up, because this is crucial. DO PACK: Ocean By H10 Hotels

