
#58 Shore Residences: Manila's Most Luxurious Oceanfront Paradise?
Okay, buckle up, buttercup. This isn't your average hotel review. We're diving headfirst into #58 Shore Residences: Manila's Most Luxurious Oceanfront Paradise?—and trust me, it's a messy, wonderful ride.
First Impressions (and the Pre-Trip Anxiety)
Okay, so “luxurious oceanfront paradise” sounds, well, intimidating. I'm more of a "pack-a-sandwhich-and-pray-the-air-con-works" kind of traveler. The thought of Manila felt… chaotic. But the pictures? Sigh. And the incessant ads. They got to me. So, I booked. And then, the pre-trip freakout started. Did I pack enough fancy clothes? (I didn't. I never do). Airport transfer, check. Thankfully the airport transfer was a breeze. No stress there, at least.
Accessibility: The Nitty-Gritty (and a Slight Sigh of Relief)
Okay, let's talk accessibility. This is important. I was secretly worried about a place that screams “luxury.” I'm happy to report they’ve made efforts. While I didn't specifically test every nook and cranny (being able-bodied myself), the elevator was a godsend (especially after lugging my suitcase). Facilities for disabled guests are mentioned, so that gives a crumb of hope. The exterior corridor adds to the feeling of easy access. More specifics would be nice to see on their actual accessibility features, but for now it doesn't seem terrible.
On-Site Food & Booze: My Stomach's Guide to Paradise
Alright, THIS is where things get interesting. Food. My love language. And #58 Shore Residences delivers.
Restaurants & Lounges: The sheer variety is dizzying. Let's start with the basics. Restaurants, Bars, Poolside bars… yes, yes, and yes. I’m a sucker for a Poolside bar, so I hit that up first. One word: Happy hour. Need I say more? Then there was a Restaurant with International cuisine and Asian cuisine in restaurant, and a Vegetarian restaurant too! A la carte in restaurant and Buffet in restaurant, which are totally different vibes, but both glorious in their own right.
Breakfast: Okay, listen. I live for a good buffet. And the Breakfast [buffet] here? Majestic. They had Western breakfast and Asian breakfast. I did both, of course. The Coffee shop was a lifesaver for those early-morning caffeine cravings. And, if you're feeling lazy (which I often was), there was Breakfast in room, Breakfast takeaway service, I highly recommend you do not go. They give you, what is basically, a mountain of food - you can not eat it all, they just give you that option.
Room Service [24-hour]: Because sometimes, the best thing is to roll out of bed and order a burger at 3 am. Fact.
Snacks, Snacks Everywhere: Bottle of water, Complimentary tea, and even a Mini bar in the room. The Desserts in restaurant were, shall we say, tempting.
My One True Love: The Swimming Pool (with a View!)
Okay, I’m going to get a little gushy here. Because the Swimming pool [outdoor]? Unreal. Pool with view? Absolutely. I'm not even a "pool person", but this one… this one changed me. It wasn't just the water. It was the feeling of the sun, the gentle breeze, the city skyline blurring into the horizon. I spent hours there. I even tried the Foot bath. It added to it. It was so good, I'm going to be dreaming of these pools for years to come.
Beyond the Pool: Things to Do (and Ways to Relax)
Listen, if you’re like me, you want relaxation and a little excitement. #58 Shore Residences has you covered.
- Spa & Pampering: The Spa was a must. Massage, Body scrub, Body wrap…. I may or may not have become a complete puddle of bliss. Sauna, Steamroom and Spa/sauna were all there I got myself into, while the Gym/fitness never got me in, unfortunately.
- For the Active (or Pretending to Be): There's a Fitness center, I think I saw once.
- Things to do (not really): The Terrace was perfect for drinking my coffee and watching the world go by.
Cleanliness and Safety: Sanity in the Chaos
Let's be real, traveling is stressful. Safety is a concern.
- Cleanliness is King: They have Anti-viral cleaning products, Daily disinfection in common areas, Professional-grade sanitizing services, and Rooms sanitized between stays. Good! Peace of mind is priceless.
- COVID-Conscious: They've taken steps for Physical distancing of at least 1 meter and they had Safe dining setup.
- Staff Training: Staff trained in safety protocol, which makes you feel like things are in safe hands.
- Safety Features: CCTV in common areas, CCTV outside property, Fire extinguisher, Smoke alarms, and Security [24-hour].
Services and Conveniences: The Little Things That Matter
The details make the difference.
- The Usual Suspects: Air conditioning in public area, Concierge, Daily housekeeping, Doorman, Elevator, Laundry service, Luggage storage, Safety deposit boxes, Valet parking. Fine!
- Tech it Easy: Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! Praise be. I had Internet access – wireless and even Internet access – LAN if I needed it. The Meeting/banquet facilities were helpful.
- Convenience is Key: Cash withdrawal, Convenience store, Currency exchange, Dry cleaning, Food delivery, Gift/souvenir shop, Ironing service and Taxi service.
The Room: My Personal Retreat
Okay, confession time. I love a good hotel room. And this one… was pretty darn fabulous. I had Air conditioning, Alarm clock, Bathrobes, Bathtub, Blackout curtains, Coffee/tea maker, Complimentary tea, Daily housekeeping, Desk, Free bottled water, Hair dryer, High floor (gotta love those views!), In-room safe box, Internet access – wireless, Ironing facilities, Laptop workspace, Linens, Mini bar, Non-smoking, Private bathroom, Refrigerator, Satellite/cable channels, Seating area, Separate shower/bathtub, Shower, Slippers, Smoke detector, Soundproofing, Telephone, Toiletries, Towels, Wake-up service, Wi-Fi (of course!).
Oh, and a few things to note: the Extra long bed was fantastic! I was glad that the Non-smoking rooms were an option.
Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (or Not)
The sheer volume of options.
- The Buffet: Breakfast [buffet] was my go-to. I am sure there was Asian cuisine in restaurant.
- Extras: Bar, Coffee/tea in restaurant, Happy hour, Poolside bar, Snack bar. And they had Coffee shop.
- Room Service 24/7: Enough said.
For the Kids (and the Kid in Me):
- Family/child friendly is always a plus.
- Babysitting service, in case you need a break from the little ones.
Getting Around: Airport Transfer, Car Park (Free of Charge). Taxi service
- Airport transfer made everything smooth.
- Car park [on-site] and Car park [free of charge].
The Imperfections (Because, You Know, Reality)
- Internet: Okay, the Wi-Fi was mostly solid, but occasionally, there were a few… moments. I’m not exactly saying it was unreliable, but a few times I had to reset the WiFi to watch my stream.
- The Price Tag: Let's be real. This isn't a budget option. Be prepared to loosen the purse strings. However, considering the whole experience, with all the options, they were totally worth it.
- The Noise: Especially in the afternoon, you could sometimes hear, whatever was going on in the other rooms, it’s not really an issue, but if you're a light sleeper, consider.
The Verdict: Should You Go? (Spoiler: Absolutely!)
Look, #58 Shore Residences isn't perfect. No place is. But the flaws, the minor hiccups, are outweighed by the sheer indulgence, the stunning
Escape to Paradise: Roebuck Bay Hotel, Broome, Australia Awaits
Shore Residences 2: Manila Mayhem (And Maybe a Little Paradise?) - A Very Real Itinerary
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this ain't your cookie-cutter itinerary. This is the raw, unfiltered truth about my supposed "vacation" at #58 Shore Residences 2 in Manila. Let's see if I survive, shall we?
Day 1: Arrival & "Luxury" Laundromat Blues
- 1:00 PM - Airport Debacle: Landed at NAIA. OMG, the humidity hit me like a brick wall. Seriously, I think my hair immediately declared independence. Finding my pre-booked Grab car was a comedy of errors. Apparently, "Bay 10" (the supposed pickup point) is just a suggestion. Finally, after much flailing and a minor existential crisis, I found my ride. The driver, bless his heart, got lost. Twice. It's Manila, I get it, but still…
- 2:30 PM - Check-In Chaos: Shore Residences 2. The lobby looked promising – gleaming marble, friendly (and probably over-trained) staff. Getting to my unit felt like navigating a maze. My luggage wheels screamed in protest.
- 3:00 PM - Apartment Assessment: Okay, the unit is nice. Modern, with a view that could be stunning if not obscured by that gigantic, slightly-too-near building. First thought: Where's the coffee?! Second thought: Laundry. I swear, laundry is the bane of my existence. Found the laundry room. Smelled slightly of industrial cleaner and regret. Dropped my clothes off feeling a strange mix of relief and… well, anxiety.
- 4:00 PM - Poolside Peril & People Watching: The pool. Ah, the pool. It's beautiful. Surrounded by screaming kids, selfie-stick wielding influencers, and a guy in a banana hammock. Okay, maybe I'm judging. But seriously, the banana hammock? I retreated back to my apartment to avoid any awkward eye contact with the guy in the banana hammock.
- 6:00 PM - Dinner Disaster & Food Adventure! Drove out to a nearby mall. Decided to try a local restaurant. Ordered… something. I'm not entirely sure what. Let's just say it involved rice, mystery meat, and enough chili to fuel a rocket. My mouth was on fire! But, you know what? It was kind of amazing. The chaos, the heat, the flavor explosion… it was definitely an experience.
- 9:00 PM - Jet Lag Jitters & Bedtime Blues: Back at the apartment. Stared at the ceiling. Wide awake. Jet lag is a cruel mistress. Spent an hour scrolling through Instagram, fueled by caffeine and doubt.
Day 2: Manila Mania (and A Really Bad Karaoke Session)
- 8:00 AM - Alarmageddon & Breakfast Brawl: Woke up to the most annoying beeping in the world. Managed to shuffle myself out of bed. Breakfast was instant coffee and some questionable-looking pastries I bought from the little store downstairs. Ate them anyway. Regrets. I have a few.
- 9:00 AM - Exploring the City! (Maybe!) I had BIG plans to visit Intramuros, but the thought of braving Manila traffic felt… daunting. Instead, I ended up just taking random side streets for a walk and soak in the city. Every. Single. Street. Is. A. Sensory. Overload. People, cars, motorbikes, food stalls, noise, music, smells…it's absolute mayhem, but I weirdly find myself loving it.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch of Regrets (Round 2!): Decided to be a bit more adventurous with the food. Ended up at a small eatery with the most delicious dishes I had ever tasted. It was a taste sensation!
- 2:00 PM - Karaoke Carnage!!! My friends took me to a karaoke bar - I wanted to go, but now I don't know. The karaoke bar. I'm not a singer. I can't sing. I'm tone-deaf. But apparently, that doesn't matter in Manila. Belting out (more like screeching) cheesy pop songs. The locals were incredibly supportive. Or maybe they were just laughing at me. Either way, it was a hilariously mortifying experience.
- 5:00 PM - Shopping Spree & Souvenir Scramble: A bit of retail therapy. Bargaining is a skill I need to master. Ended up with a bag full of souvenirs. Mostly things I probably don't need, but who cares?
- 7:00 PM - Dinner Drama: Went for some local cuisine. Ate some more delicious food.
- 9:00 PM - Reflection & Resolution: Back in my apartment. Feeling a little overwhelmed, a little exhilarated, and definitely in need of a shower. Manila is a whirlwind. I'm starting to understand why everyone gets hooked!
Day 3: Beach Day… Probably?
- 8:00 AM - Alarm Clock's Revenge & Caffeinated Chaos: Woke up. Coffee. Lots of coffee. Need to conquer my jet lag.
- 9:00 AM - Attempting the Beach: Okay, the beach is a bit of a trek, so I cancelled the plans. I am going to stay at the pool today. More time to enjoy the facilities of the condo.
- 12:00 PM - Lunch by the Pool: I grabbed lunch by the pool. It was a simple meal, but I enjoyed it..
- 1:00 PM - Poolside Relaxation (Take 2?): Managed to actually relax by the pool. Read a book (mostly), people-watched (obsessively), and basked in the sun (carefully!). The banana hammock guy was nowhere to be seen!
- 4:00 PM - Massages: Got a massage, it was amazing. I wanted to close my eyes and sleep and never open them again.
- 7:00 PM - Dinner & Farewell Feast: Hit a restaurant. Had dinner.
- 9:00 PM - Packing and Plans: I start packing and get ready to go.
Day 4: Departure & Manila's Hold
- 7:00 AM - Farewell to the View: Packing and final apartment inspection.
- 8:00 AM - Airport Escapade (Take 2): Grab to the airport.
- Other Times - Plane, Departures, and Reflection: Sitting on the plane. Did I have fun? Absolutely. Was it perfect? Heck, no! The chaos, the heat, the unexpected food revelations… it all adds up to an unforgettable experience. I'm leaving Manila with a strange mix of exhaustion and a burning desire to come back. Manila, you crazy place, you've got a hold on me!

Okay, so, #58 Shore Residences... Is it REALLY as glamorous as the pictures make it look? (Because, let's be real, Instagram lies.)
Alright, buckle up. The pictures? Yeah, they’re good. REALLY good. But the reality? Honestly? It's a mixed bag, like a fancy cocktail that’s got a bit too much salt on the rim.
I mean, the lobby? Stunning. That marble floor practically *shimmers*. Felt like I should be wearing an evening gown just to check in. But then, the elevator... Sometimes it's gloriously quick. Other times? Let's just say I had ample opportunity to contemplate the meaning of life while waiting. And, okay, there *was* this one time the elevator music looped a bit too long and started to drive me bonkers. It was a jaunty calypso tune. IN AN ELEVATOR. After about the third repeat, I was picturing myself staging a one-person protest against the Muzak gods.
So, glamorous? Yes. Flawless? Nope. Like, not even close. But still, it's pretty freaking awesome.
What's the deal with the "oceanfront" part? Is it actually beachfront?
Okay, here’s where things get a little… literal. "Oceanfront" is technically true. You *can* see the ocean. And it's lovely. But imagine a lovely ocean, behind a… large seawall. And a maybe a highway. Okay, I’m not gonna lie to you. You're not stepping directly onto a pristine beach.
I'm not saying the views are bad! Far from it. But the "oceanfront" is more about seeing the water from a comfortable distance. It’s more 'ocean-adjacent' than 'beach-in-your-face'. Don't get me wrong, the infinity pool looks amazing when you're staring at the shimmering ocean on the horizon. I took a few absolutely killer Instagram pics of that pool. But, yeah, there's that whole seawall situation. And sometimes, you can hear the cars going by. It's a city, people.
My advice? Lower your expectation for "beach bum bliss" and raise your expectation for "amazing city view with distant ocean vibes."
How are the pools? Because let's be honest, that's half the reason to go somewhere like this.
The pools... Oh, the pools. Where do I *even* begin? There are like, a *lot* of pools. Seriously, it’s like they just kept building them until they ran out of space! The infinity pool I mentioned? Spectacular. Pure Instagram gold. The kid's pool looked awesome, even if I'm not a kid (I may have, *ahem*, dipped a toe in anyway - don't tell anyone).
And there's *another* *another* pool that's tucked away, it was quiet and beautiful. That one, I'd fully recommend. You could actually... SWIM. Without a thousand splashing children (no offense, kids!).
My only *real* complaint? Finding a decent spot to actually *lay* by the pool. The loungers are always, ALWAYS, occupied. I once saw a guy "reserving" four loungers with nothing but a towel and a magazine. The audacity! I spent a good hour just plotting ways to politely (and by "politely" I mean in my head) remove his belongings. Lesson learned: get there EARLY. Or be prepared to be disappointed.
Is the food good? I'm a foodie, so this is crucial.
Okay, culinary adventures at #58 Shore… Okay, the restaurant situation is… interesting. There are a couple of places. The main restaurant? The food is… fine. Perfectly edible. Nothing to write home about, but nothing to actively *avoid*. It's the kind of food you eat and think, "Yeah, that was food."
I had this pasta dish. It was... pasta. With, what, shrimp? Sure. I think so. I honestly can't remember much about the meal, except that I needed an extra glass of wine just to spice things up a bit and erase the memory. The bar? Well, the view from the bar is great, but the cocktails were a little hit-or-miss. Some were masterpieces. Others? Uhm, lets be honest. I'm pretty sure the bartender just winged it, and if you want a solid drink, perhaps stick to the classics. Again, view: Five Stars. Drinks: could use some work.
My recommendation is to explore the local food scene in Manila. Lots of great places to eat nearby, and you'll find much more interesting choices there.
What kind of people stay there? Is it all just… show-offs?
Ah, the people-watching. One of the best parts, really. Yes, there are some… well, let's just say the type of people who would *absolutely* post a picture of their breakfast while wearing a designer robe. And yes, there's a definite vibe of "look-at-me-I’m-living-the-high-life."
BUT! It's not *all* air kisses and designer luggage. I also saw families, couples, solo travelers… a surprisingly diverse bunch. It's a mix. Some are trying to look boujee. Some are just… enjoying themselves. There was this one elderly couple, holding hands by the pool, who were absolutely adorable. They were wearing matching swimsuits, too.
The truth is, people are people. Some are genuine, some are trying too hard. Just grab a cocktail, find a comfy spot, and enjoy the show. It's entertaining, I promise you. Just try not to compare yourself with the person in the designer robe. You'll drive yourself crazy.
Is it worth the money? Should I save up, or is it a waste?
This is the million-dollar question, isn't it? Okay, here’s the deal. #58 Shore is not cheap. It's a splurge. A serious one. Is it worth it? That depends.
If you're looking for pure, unadulterated tranquility? Maybe not. If you're a huge beach person? Probably not. If you're on a tight budget? DEFINITELY not.
But… If you want a stylish, conveniently located stay, with good amenities, and you're okay with a few imperfections, then yes. Maybe. I *would* say, go for it. The memories, the views, the experience? They're something. Especially if you manage to snag a lounger by the pool.
My advice? If you can afford it without going broke, and you want a taste of the good life, then go. But if not? Don't feel bad about missing out. There are other amazing places in Manila that are also pretty great! You’ll find wonderful experiences in Manila, but maybe not with as many mirrors.

