Uncover the Hidden Gem: Troy Lodge Basco, Batanes – Paradise Found!

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Uncover the Hidden Gem: Troy Lodge Basco, Batanes – Paradise Found!

Uncover the Hidden Gem: Troy Lodge Basco, Batanes – Paradise Found! (Or Lost Then Found Again, Honestly) A Review!

Alright, listen up, wanderlusters! You've probably seen those impossibly perfect Batanes photos floating around – windswept cliffs, rolling hills, and houses that look like they've sprung straight from a postcard. Well, I went. And I stayed at Troy Lodge Basco. And let me tell you, the paradise part? Yeah, it's legit. But the "found" part? That took a little… navigating. (Because, you know, life.)

(SEO Keywords: Troy Lodge Basco, Batanes, Hotel Review, Batanes Hotels, Philippines Travel, Accessible Hotel, Free Wi-Fi, Spa, Swimming Pool, Restaurant, Luxury Hotel, Batanes Accommodation, Paradise Found)

Okay, let's dive in, shall we? This isn't going to be your typical robotic hotel review. Buckle up, Buttercups.

First Impressions & Getting There (Accessibility, Airport Transfer, & Basic Stuff)

The first thing you need to know about Batanes is… getting there is a journey. Forget a quick hop. Flights can be booked out months in advance, and weather delays are practically a sport. Troy Lodge (luckily) offers airport transfer, which is a godsend. Seriously, after the potential travel hell, you just want to be whisked away. Shoutout to the driver with the chill vibes and the aircon!

Accessibility: A Mixed Bag. Now, here's where things get a tiny bit… nuanced. Troy Lodge isn't explicitly advertised as fully wheelchair accessible. The website doesn't specify, and while my stay didn't involve those needs, I did notice a few things. The lobby and main dining area seemed okay, but I didn't thoroughly investigate every nook and cranny. Facilities for disabled guests are mentioned in the listed amenities, but confirmation would be valuable. Contacting the hotel directly beforehand to confirm how suitable it is would be wise. In a place as remote as Batanes, that kind of detail is crucial.

On-site Accessible Restaurants / Lounges: This is a bit of a head-scratcher. I found it hard to assess fully if it’s accessible or not, and didn’t have the need to check, but there certainly isn’t an obvious lack of easy access to the main dining area.

The Wi-Fi Saga & Other Tech Things (Internet Access, Wi-Fi, and More)

Okay, so the internet in Batanes is… let's just say it's rustic. Like, dial-up-in-2000s rustic. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms! technically true, but temper those expectations. It was available… intermittently. Streaming your favourite show? Forget about it. Sending a quick email? Possible, with a prayer. The fact that Troy Lodge can even offer Internet is impressive in itself. Internet [LAN] is also an option, but again, Batanes is not a tech mecca. Think of it as forced digital detox – which, you know, might be exactly what you need. They do offer Wi-Fi in public areas too to save you the hassle of always trying in your room, which is nice. Internet services are limited – don't expect miracles – but they try; there's a certain charm in that! Oh, and they have facilities for special events which can probably be supported via the internet if requested!

The Room: My Little Cloud of Bliss (Available in all rooms, Air conditioning, and all the other good stuff)

Okay, now for the good stuff. My room at Troy Lodge was… heaven. Seriously. It was like stepping into a magazine spread. Let's break it down:

  • Air conditioning: Essential. You will need it.
  • Blackout curtains: Perfect for those jet-lagged naps.
  • Bathroom: Clean, modern, and with complimentary toiletries. Score!
  • Bed: So comfortable I almost didn't want to leave. Almost.
  • Coffee/tea maker: My morning ritual, saved!
  • In-room safe box: Always a plus.
  • Mini bar: For those sunset drinks on the terrace.
  • Seating area: Perfect for chilling and staring out the window that opens at the incredible views (and, you know, occasionally checking the intermittent Wi-Fi).
  • TV with Satellite/cable channels: For when the outside world gets too overwhelming.
  • Hair dryer, iron facilities: Check, check!

Cleanliness and Safety: Feeling Safe & Sound (Anti-viral cleaning products, Doctor/nurse on call… and more!)

Okay, maybe I'm a bit of a germaphobe, but cleanliness is huge for me. And Troy Lodge nailed it. The entire place was spotless. They're clearly taking hygiene seriously, with anti-viral cleaning products, daily disinfection in common areas, and staff trained in all those safety protocols. There's a doctor/nurse on call, first aid kit, and even hand sanitizer everywhere. The rooms are sanitized between stays, and you can even opt out of room sanitization! They provide safe dining setups and even have individually-wrapped food options. Now, I'm not normally a fan of over-the-top precautions, but in a place like Batanes, knowing they're on top of it is reassuring. There's also CCTV in common areas and outside the property, and 24-hour security. I felt completely safe and looked after. It's nice to see they also take care of hot water linen and laundry washing

Dining, Drinking, and Snacking: Fueling the Adventure (Restaurants, Bars, and All the Deliciousness)

The food at Troy Lodge was… surprisingly good. Like, way better than I expected. Their restaurant (or, in this case, restaurants) offers a variety of dishes.

  • Breakfast: The Asian breakfast options were good, and they also offer a Western breakfast. There's a breakfast buffet and breakfast service, and if you want to be lazy, they’ve got breakfast in room and breakfast takeaway service!
  • Lunch/Dinner: The A la carte in restaurant menu was extensive offering Asian cuisine in restaurant, International cuisine in restaurant, and some Western cuisine in restaurant choices. I'm not usually a huge fan of hotel restaurants, but this one was a winner. They even have a Vegetarian restaurant option! From the soup in restaurant to the desserts in restaurant, everything was delicious.
  • Drinks: They have a bar and a poolside bar!
  • More Drinking: They have a bottle of water available.
  • Poolside Bar: Poolside bar is a must.
  • Coffee/tea in restaurant and a Coffee shop
  • Happy hour is on offer.
  • Snack bar has you covered.
  • Alternative meal arrangement is available.
  • Room service [24-hour] is also open.

The Pool with a View & All That Relaxation (Swimming Pool, Spa, and More)

Ah, the swimming pool. The pool with view. This is where it all comes together. Imagine this: You wake up. You eat a delicious breakfast. You wander to the pool, which is a shimmering turquoise oasis perched on a cliff edge, the ocean stretching out before you. You soak. You reflect. You forget about work, stress, and everything remotely annoying. I just spent hours in there, just breathing. Hotel chain also has a spa and spa/sauna which are nice. They also have a Sauna, Steamroom and Foot bath for total relaxation. They offer a Body scrub and Body wrap too.

Things to Do (Or, How I Tried to Leave My Hotel Room) & Beyond

Okay, Batanes isn't exactly a nightlife hotspot. It's about the experience.

  • Things to do: The concierge can help you arrange tours, car rentals, and all the things you need to explore this stunning island.
  • Meeting/banquet facilities and Outdoor venue for special events means they’re well-equipped for hosting.
  • Gym/fitness for all the fitness enthusiasts.

Batanes is all about exploring. Rent a bike (they have bicycle parking!) or hire a tricycle and get ready to be blown away by the scenery. This is where you'll get some amazing pictures.

Services and Conveniences: Making Life Easy (Cash withdrawal, Laundry, Meeting/banquet facilities… the list goes on!)

Troy Lodge seems to understand that convenience is key. They’ve got:

  • 24-hour Front desk and a Doorman
  • Cash withdrawal options at a local ATM.
  • Daily housekeeping: My room was always spotless.
**Luxury Casino Views: Your Dream Apartment Awaits in Blankenberge!**

Book Now

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Alright, buckle up buttercup, because this ain't your grandma's travel itinerary, and trust me, my grandma would probably hate it. We're talking Troy Lodge Basco, Philippines. Promise me you'll forgive the impending chaos…

Day 1: Arrival & Initial Panic (and Deliciousness)

  • Morning (6:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Ugh, the red-eye. The eternal red-eye. Finally, finally, finally, wheels down in Basco Airport. Picture this: me, clutching my backpack like a lifeline, hair looking like a startled bird's nest (thanks, humidity!). Passport control? Smooth sailing. Luggage? Surprisingly, also smooth sailing. Victory is mine… for now.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 10:00 AM): Taxi to Troy Lodge. This is where things almost went sideways. The driver was lovely, bless his heart, but the road… let's just say my kidneys are still recovering. Think rollercoaster meets pothole extravaganza. Arrived at the lodge, and it's actually charming, even with the slightly faded paint. Relief!
  • Morning (10:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Check-in, breathe, unpack…or, try to unpack. Found a rogue mosquito and a tiny gecko chilling in the room. Natural selection, I suppose. But the view from the balcony? Jaw-dropping. Ocean, cliffs, that iconic Vigan lighthouse off in the distance. Okay, maybe this whole thing isn't going to be a disaster.
  • Lunch (11:00 AM - 1:00 PM): First meal! Hit up "Pension Ivatan Hometel & Restaurant" for lunch. OMG the la paz batchoy was incredible! Seriously, I could drown in that soup, and I wouldn't even be mad. So rich, so flavorful, so…perfect. I actually caught myself moaning audibly. The woman at the next table (probably judging me) probably thought I was having a small stroke. Worth it.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): Nap time. Needed it. The red-eye, the bumpy ride, the sheer effort of being in a new place. Sleep was interrupted by two things: 1. An earthquake, felt a bit odd; 2. One of those geckos from earlier decided to play hide-and-seek on the ceiling, right above my head. Slept a bit more.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Wandered around Basco, trying to get my bearings. Basco is small, and getting lost is kinda hard. But I still managed to. Found a cute little bakery and bought a pan de sal. The smell of freshly baked bread did more to lift my spirits than the ocean view.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner at "Beehive Restaurant". Tried Ivatan dishes and was pretty unsure about them, but hey, when in Rome right? The service was a little…slow. The waiter seemed to have forgotten about my order, but the sunset from our table was so spectacular that I didn't even care. The food was ok, the atmosphere was great.
  • Evening (8:00 PM - Late): Drinks at the lodge bar (if they have one). If not, it's a couple of beers on the balcony, staring at those damn stars, trying to wrap my head around the fact that I’m actually here. And maybe, just maybe, starting to feel a tiny little flicker of…happiness?

Day 2: The Batan Island Extravaganza (and My Near-Death Experience)

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Breakfast at the Lodge. Simple, but the coffee was strong. And the pancakes… well, let's just say I may or may not have devoured three. Planning for a full day of island exploration.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM): Chartered a tricycle for a full island tour. This is where things went from "charming" to "holy moly, this is beautiful". The rolling hills, the dramatic cliffs, the azure sea… it's a landscape that'll steal your breath. Visited:
    • Fundacion Pacita: The ultimate experience for the day. This art gallery is a MUST-SEE. The views from there? Unreal. I could have stayed there all day, just soaking it up. The wind was whipping, the sun was blazing, the feeling was pure, unadulterated…freedom. I swear I heard angels singing. Okay, maybe it was just the wind.
    • Valugan Boulder Beach: Picture a beach absolutely covered in giant, smooth boulders. Surreal, almost alien. Tried to climb one, nearly slipped and fell into the ocean and possibly died in a very embarrassing fashion. Not my finest moment.
    • Tayid Lighthouse: Another lighthouse. Another breathtaking view. Pretty sure I took about a million photos. Sorry, not sorry.
  • Lunch (12:00 PM - 1:00 PM): Lunch at a local carinderia (small, family-run eatery). The food was cheap, cheerful, and possibly cooked with love. Probably. I really enjoyed it.
  • Afternoon (1:00 PM - 4:00 PM): More exploring. Visited:
    • Marlboro Country: Rolling hills, grazing cows, panoramic views. Picture postcard perfection. The air smelled fresh. I felt like I could walk forever, just drinking it all in. This place is where the film "Himala" was shot.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Relax at the lodge. Maybe take another nap. I'm exhausted from all the stunning scenery. Contemplation of the meaning of life, the universe, and everything.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Dinner at "Vunong Dinette" (recommended by the lodge staff). Maybe I’ll try something adventurous… or just stick to the la paz batchoy. I'm a creature of habit.
  • Evening (8:00 PM - Late): Stargazing. Batanes is known for its clear night skies. Fingers crossed for a spectacular show. Hoping to see the Milky Way, or at least, a few constellations I can identify.

Day 3: The (Potential) Disaster Day & Departure

  • Morning (7:00 AM - 9:00 AM): Breakfast at the lodge. The pancakes better be ready. And the coffee, again, strong.
  • Morning (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM): Depending on how I feel, the plan is to take a day trip around Sabtang Island. This island requires a ferry, but the stories about it are mind-blowing, if the weather permits (the weather is moody here), or maybe I'll just stay in bed. Actually, the thought of it is terrifying me a bit. I can’t decide.
  • Afternoon (11:00 AM - 12:00 PM): If I do make it to Sabtang:
    • Lunch on Sabtang Island.
    • Explore everything the island has to offer.
  • Afternoon (12:00 PM - 4:00 PM): If I chicken out and stay in Basco:
    • Slowly starting the packing process. Hate it.
    • Last-minute souvenir shopping. Stressful.
    • Sipping coffee on the balcony, trying to memorize everything.
  • Afternoon (4:00 PM - 6:00 PM): Last chance to buy "pasalubong" (souvenirs). Maybe one more pan de sal.
  • Evening (6:00 PM - 8:00 PM): Farewell dinner. Where do I even go? Need something special. Possibly a second dose of la paz batchoy.
  • Evening (8:00 PM - Late): Last look at the stars. One last, long, mournful look at that incredible view. Maybe a tear or two. Reflecting on how this trip was a wonderful, messy, imperfect adventure. A trip that will be forever ingrained in my memory.

Day 4: Departure

  • Wake up at ungodly hour.
  • Taxi to the airport.
  • Attempt to navigate airport security while still half-asleep.
  • Hope my flight isn’t delayed.
  • Wonder when I can come back.

This, my friends, is but an outline. Real life will, undoubtedly, throw its curveballs. I'm ready, mostly. Bring on the chaos!

Unbelievable KL Luxury: 4-Pax Signature Suite Steal in Mont Kiara!

Book Now

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Troy Lodge Basco PhilippinesOkay, buckle up, buttercup, because we're about to dive headfirst into the glorious, messy, and utterly unforgettable experience that is Troy Lodge in Basco, Batanes. Prepare for a rollercoaster of opinions, ramblings, and maybe even a sniffle or two (mostly from sheer joy). Here we go:

So, is Troy Lodge REALLY a "Hidden Gem"? Or is that just…marketing fluff?

Okay, look. I'm usually the first to roll my eyes at "hidden gem" descriptions. They're almost always overused. But… *deep breath* …Troy Lodge? Yeah, it kind of *is*. It's not like some secret, hidden location. Anyone can find it. But the *feeling*? The *experience*? That's the gem. The real, sparkling, get-lost-in-the-sunset gem.
I went there with my best friend, Sarah, and we were both a little skeptical. We'd seen the photos – the dramatic cliffs, the windswept beaches, the impossibly blue ocean. We thought, "It can't *possibly* be as good as it looks." GUESS WHAT? IT WAS BETTER.
Let's just say, the photos are not lying. The staff is what really makes this place glow.

What's the BEST thing about Troy Lodge (and don't say "everything," because, come on…)?

Okay, okay, FINE. *Not* everything is perfect. The wifi was a bit spotty, and I missed out on a few TikTok Dances. But the BEST thing? Hmm… it's a tie between two things, honestly.
First, the view from my room. The *view*! I’m talking, wake up to a panoramic spectacle of rolling hills meeting the angry sea. It was like living in a landscape painting. I swear I spent the entire time just staring out the window. And the sunsets… oh, the sunsets. They were a religious experience. Actually, Sarah and I were bickering about the better view. A total "who gets the window seat fight" kind of thing, but with the entire island as the prize.
Second, the staff. Seriously, they were so lovely and genuinely helpful. Like, the kind of genuinely helpful that makes you feel like you're visiting family, not just staying in a hotel. I had a bad case of food poisoning (totally unrelated to the hotel food, I swear!) and they were a godsend.
I'm going to be forever grateful to them.

Is the food any good? (Because I WILL judge a hotel based on its food)

Alright, food critic extraordinaire, let's talk food. Yes, the food is good. No, it's not Michelin-star level, but it's hearty, delicious, and incredibly fresh. And after a day of tromping around the island, drenched by the sea and wind, everything tastes glorious.
Breakfast was amazing. I'm still dreaming of the scrambled eggs. Their sinigang was pretty awesome as well! The cook even shared their recipe. Sadly, I can't recreate from memory. They also had this amazing fresh fish. It was heaven.
Okay, I may have temporarily lost my mind there. That was a bit too much food talk. But consider yourself warned: you'll be overeating. There's no escaping it. Especially, if you stay at the lodge.

What's the vibe? Is it romantic getaway, backpacker haven, or family-friendly?

Okay, the vibe. It's a lovely, multi-faceted thing. It's definitely not a raucous party spot. Think more…peaceful, stunning, and intimate. It's perfect for couples, definitely. Sarah and I had the BEST time.
It’s also great for solo travelers. People are friendly, and you’re likely to strike up conversations. Also, it feels extremely safe. I walked around late at night (after a glass of wine and with Sarah) and felt more secure than I do in my own neighborhood.
I'd say, a little bit of everything, within a chill, relaxed framework. Think "escape the ordinary" and the extraordinary.

Is it easy to get around Basco from Troy Lodge?

Getting around Basco is… well, it's part of the adventure. You're not going to find Uber here, people. You're going to, most likely, hire a tricycle. Or, if you're adventurous, you can rent a scooter.
The Lodge can help arrange transport. The staff knows all the local drivers. And honestly, it’s almost part of the charm. It forces you to slow down, to savor the journey.
I remember one day, we were trying to get to a specific beach. The tricycle tire blew out. We ended up waiting for over an hour, stranded with a friendly local. We talked for hours, learnt all about the island. It was a highlight of the trip.

Any downsides? Be honest!

Okay, fine. Here's the truth. Things aren’t always perfect.
The wifi, as I mentioned, can be a bit on the temperamental side. Okay, that was a bit of a lie, it's pretty bad. Sometimes, I had to practically climb the walls to get a signal. A real first-world problem, I know.
Also, for those who are extra sensitive to things, there might be some noise from the road.
But seriously, these are *minor* complaints. I’m grasping at straws here. The good far outweighs the not-so-good.

Any recommendations for things to do near Troy Lodge?

Oh, where do I even begin? This is where it gets even BETTER.
First, explore Basco! Visit the iconic lighthouse and the rolling hills. Then, go to the beaches! The dramatic coastal scenery can not be missed. The staff can help arrange island tours.
The best advice, though? Just wander. Get lost. Talk to the locals. Embrace the unexpected. The best memories are made when you’re not sticking to a rigid schedule.

Would you go back? (Because, like, that's the real question.)

Would I go back? Are you kidding me? LET ME BOOK MY FLIGHT NOW!
Seriously, I'm already planning my return trip. I haven't been home a week, and I'm already researching flight prices. I'm even considering learning to surf, even though I'Cheap Hotel Search

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines

Troy Lodge Basco Philippines