
Escape to Paradise: Yıldız Moonlight Hotel, Trabzon's Hidden Gem
Alright, buckle up buttercups, because we're about to deep dive into the Yıldız Moonlight Hotel, a place they claim is Trabzon's hidden gem. Now, I'm not one for flowery prose, but after spending some time there, I'm ready to spill the tea – the good, the bad, and the "who-ordered-that-weird-Turkish-delight?"
First Impressions (and a bit of a fumble):
Let's be real, getting anywhere in Trabzon can feel like navigating a particularly tricky maze. Accessibility, okay, let's start there. I, thankfully, have no mobility issues, but I'm trying to keep my review balanced, and found the Facilities for disabled guests generally good. The elevator was a godsend for lugging my suitcase to the top floor after the taxi driver left.
The Room: My Personal Fortress (and a Few Quirks)
Now, the rooms – a lot of good stuff. My room, I think, was one of the Non-smoking rooms (crucial – I hate smelling like an ashtray). Air conditioning was a lifesaver; the Trabzon sun can be brutal. The Blackout curtains? Glorious! I slept like a well-fed baby.
Internet access – wireless, internet access – LAN, internet, free wifi in all rooms! Okay, yeah, I felt like a digital ghost. The Wi-Fi? Mostly worked. There were a few times when I was doing digital nomad things, where I felt more isolated than in a physical cabin. They really should address that.
The room itself? Clean. Very clean. Almost scarily clean. I’m not sure if they're using Anti-viral cleaning products, but my allergies weren't acting up, so that's a win. There's the usual array of amenities. Free bottled water, a coffee/tea maker, a decent desk for working (when the Wi-Fi cooperated), and a mini-bar, although I only really used it as a shelf for my snacks. The Bathroom phone was a little confusing, I think they should update this from the 80's.
And the little things? The bathrobes? Nice touch. The slippers? Felt like a fluffy hug for my feet. The hair dryer worked, which is more than I can say for some hotels. The in-room safe box gave me peace of mind.
The View (and a Moment of Pure Bliss):
My room had a balcony overlooking… well, a mountain. And the view from the high floor was, in a word, stunning. I spent a good hour each morning just… staring. Watching the sunrise, drinking complimentary tea, and feeling utterly, wonderfully peaceful. It was pure, unadulterated bliss. This is where I could stay forever.
Food and Drink: A Culinary Adventure (Mostly Good)
Okay, the Dining situation is where things got interesting. Let's start with the good: The breakfast buffet. Absolutely LOADED. I’m talkin’ Asian breakfast, Western breakfast, the works. Fresh bread, cheeses, olives, pastries…I pretty much ate myself silly every morning. The coffee/tea in restaurant were actually decent.
The restaurants? Multiple options. The a la carte restaurant had some good stuff. The International Cuisine in restaurant was a gamble sometimes, but the vegetarian restaurant was delicious. The Desserts in restaurant? Forget about it. Delicious doesn't even cover it. The Poolside bar made for a great place to rest your weary self.
But the downsides: the menu felt a little repetitive, and the service could be a tad slow at times. Room service (24-hour) was a lifesaver when I just wanted to stay in my fluffy robe.
Relaxation Station: Spa, Sauna, and the Elusive Massage
Now, the fun stuff. The Spa/sauna area was generally relaxing, and I spent more time in the Sauna and Steamroom then I want to admit. There’s a Pool with view (hello, Instagram) and an outdoor swimming pool. The Body scrub and Body wrap were pretty good, if a bit pricey.
The Massage? Ah, the massage. I was desperate for a massage. They said they were fully booked, but the front desk lady said, "We will FIND a massage!" I asked several times the next day, each time, only to be greeted with a "We will FIND massage". I gave up and went to a different hotel entirely.
Safety and Sanity: (COVID-19 Edition)
Okay, let's talk about the elephant in the room – the freaking pandemic. The Yıldız Moonlight Hotel took it seriously. I saw Hand sanitizer everywhere. Staff trained in safety protocol, I definitely saw them wearing masks. They had a system for physical distancing of at least 1 meter. They had room sanitization between stays. Safe dining setup. It felt reassuring. Very reassuring.
Things to Do (Beyond the Obvious – Like, You Know, Relaxing):
Okay, besides the obvious, because you can't just sit on your backside all day, right? Things to do is a wide-ranging topic, and something I was hoping to do, but didn't. They have Facilities for disabled guests. There are Outdoor venue for special events. Beyond the hotel, Trabzon itself offers a lot to do, so there is that.
The Quirks (Things They Could Improve):
- The Wi-Fi: Did I mention it was a tad spotty?
- Reservations: Book your massage way in advance.
- The Service: Occasionally, things felt a bit slow.
- The Signage: A little more direction would have been helpful.
The Verdict: Worth a Visit? (Hell, Yes!)
Look, the Yıldız Moonlight Hotel isn’t perfect. But its positives – that gorgeous view, the comfy rooms, the mostly delicious food, and the general sense of calm – far outweigh the minor annoyances.
For Whom?
- Couples: The couple's room is lovely.
- Families: The family/child friendly options are excellent.
- Anyone wanting to relax: It's perfect!
The Offer You Can’t Refuse:
Escape to Paradise: Yıldız Moonlight Hotel – Your Trabzon Getaway Awaits!
Are you tired of the same old routine? Yearning for a place where you can unwind, recharge, and soak up breathtaking views? Then it's time to book your escape to the Yıldız Moonlight Hotel in Trabzon!
Here's what you'll get:
- Breathtaking Views: Wake up to the magic of Trabzon from your balcony.
- Luxurious Comfort: Cozy rooms.
- Delicious Food: Indulge in breakfast, with a variety of international options.
- Ultimate Relaxation: Unwind in the spa, take a dip in the pool, and let your stresses melt away.
Book Now and get:
- A special discount: We are running a promotion, with a limited time offer.
- Free Wi-Fi: Stay connected as you soak in the beauty of Trabzon.
- Peace of Mind: We're committed to your safety and well-being, with top-notch cleanliness protocols.
Don't Wait! This offer won't last. Head over and secure your spot at the Yıldız Moonlight Hotel, your Trabzon paradise.
(P.S. Seriously, book your massage. And maybe pack a portable Wi-Fi router, just in case.)
Escape to Paradise: Healience Seon Maeul's Unforgettable Korean Retreat
Okay, buckle up buttercups, because this itinerary for the Yıldız Moonlight Hotel in Arsin, Trabzon, Turkey? Honey, it's less planned trip and more emotional rollercoaster with a stunning Black Sea view. Prepare for glorious messiness.
Day 1: Arrival - And the Sea Whispered Secrets (Maybe Mostly About the Turkish Breakfast)
- 14:00: Landed in Trabzon. The air here is different, you know? Brisk, salty, and carrying the scent of… well, something undefinable, but definitely Turkish. The airport itself is small, manageable, thank God. My anxiety levels were already pinging because, well, TRAVEL.
- 15:00 - 16:00: Taxi to the hotel. The driver, bless his heart, spoke zero English, but we managed to communicate through frantic hand gestures and me furiously pointing at the GPS on my phone. He kept saying something that sounded like "Black Sea! Beautiful!" He was right… eventually.
- 16:00: Arrive at the Yıldız Moonlight. Okay, first impressions? Stunning. The view. Oh. My. God. The Black Sea, shimmering under the afternoon sun. It's breathtaking, truly. The hotel itself… maybe a touch dated? But the lobby smells like freshly brewed Turkish coffee, and honestly, that's all I needed.
- 17:00 - 18:00: Checked in, went to my room. Room is good. More importantly, there is a balcony, overlooking the sea. I’m going to camp out on that balcony for the next three days. I unpack, mostly to prove I have control over SOME part of my life.
- 19:00 - 20:00: Dinner at the hotel restaurant. Okay, here's where it gets real. The Turkish breakfast the next morning? I'm not exaggerating: It was a religious experience. So many different cheeses, olives, honey (the real stuff, not the supermarket goo), freshly baked bread that crumbled in my hand in the most delightful way. Tomatoes that tasted like they had been kissed by the sun. I ate enough to feed a small army, and I am not ashamed. The dinner, last night? Less impressive. It's fine, but after the breakfast… it was hard to compete. I'm going to have to mentally prepare myself for the disappointment.
- 20:00 - Bedtime: Balcony time! Sipping a Turkish tea (bought from the hotel's tiny shop. The one with the guy who kept winking at me. Not creepy though). The sea is such a deep, velvety black tonight. It's the kind of quiet where your thoughts get really loud and you can sort of hear the waves talk to the rocks. And also, I’m pretty sure I saw a shooting star. Maybe. I think I'm in love with this view.
Day 2: Trabzon City – History, Hustle, and (Possibly) Too Much Baklava
- **08:00: Breakfast! Seriously. The best, it was heavenly. They had a new cheese. I was obsessed. (Don't judge.)
- 09:30 - 12:00: Trip to Trabzon City. Hired a taxi, this one knew a few English words. The city is a chaotic, vibrant symphony of honking cars, chattering locals, and the mouth-watering aroma of grilling kebabs. We visited the Hagia Sophia (a church turned mosque turned museum, wow), which was an incredible, mind-bending experience. Such history in one place. I felt tiny, and strangely connected.
- 12:00 - 13:00: Lunch in the city. Chose a random little restaurant, because I'm adventurous, and also, because I'm starving. Ordered a pide (Turkish pizza, basically) and some ayran (yogurt drink). The pide was amazing. The ayran? A bit…tangy. I’ve found my new favorite beverage.
- 13:00-14:00: Shopping! Because, tourist. Found some beautiful scarves, and got completely, utterly lost in the bustling marketplace. Bargaining with the vendors felt like a sport – a very difficult, very sweaty sport, but a sport nonetheless.
- 15:00-16:00: The Baklava Incident. I saw a shop that sold baklava. Oh, dear God. I mean, it was a religious experience. I bought a box. I inhaled that box. Layers and layers of flaky, buttery, syrupy perfection. This is a memory I’m going to need to cherish, since there is no way I'm allowed to eat that much sugar ever again. I suspect it was my best decision.
- 16:00 - 17:00: Taxied back to the hotel, feeling slightly sick, but content.
- 17:00 - Dinner: Balcony time! I read, I stared at the sea, and I recovered from the Baklava Incident. My brain is just starting to function again. The sunset was even more spectacular than the sunrise. How is that even possible?
Day 3: The Black Sea Coast – Tea Gardens, Waterfalls and Mild Existentialism
- 08:00: Breakfast (OMG!) So good, I'm going to repeat it.
- 09:30: Road Trip! Hired a driver (the talkative one this time) to explore the Black Sea coastline. He was really nice. Really. I think I'm getting used to the Turkish "friendliness".
- 10:00 - 11:00: Visited a tea plantation and tea factory. I felt like a time traveler. The process of turning a leaf into a delicious beverage is mind-blowing. I drank so much tea my teeth are stained.
- 11:00 - 12:00: Saw a waterfall, which was very pretty. I took pictures.
- 13:00 - 14:00: Lunch at a roadside restaurant with the best grilled trout. The fish was fresh, the view was incredible, and the company was… well, my driver chatted in rapid Turkish, but I managed to understand the important bits.
- 14:00 - 15:00: Another Tea Garden. Because one can never have too much tea. We talked about the best way to prepare tea.
- 15:00 - 17:00: Drive back. The coastal scenery is incredible. I realized that this is exactly what I needed: a change of scenery, to be alone and to be, at the very least, forced to be present.
- 17:00 - Bedtime: The Balcony. Again. The Black Sea has become my therapist. I’m starting to think it actually is talking to me, in the rustling wind and the crashing waves. I'm starting to feel a bit better, and maybe even a little more… myself.
Day 4: Farewell - Bitter-Sweet Goodbyes and a Prayer for More Baklava
- 08:00: Breakfast. One last, glorious, heavenly breakfast. I'm going to miss those breakfasts.
- 09:00 - 11:00: Walked along the beach. Gathered some shells, watched the waves. I spent a while staring off at the sea.
- 11:00: Checked out of the hotel with a heavy heart. The staff at the Yıldız Moonlight, even though they don't all speak English, are incredibly kind.
- 12:00: Transfer to Trabzon airport.
- 14:00: Boarded the plane. Looked back at the Black Sea one last time and felt a pang of sadness.
- 16:00: Landed, and immediately started planning my return to Trabzon. I will eat more baklava.

Escape to Paradise: Yıldız Moonlight Hotel, Trabzon - Ask Me Anything (Seriously, I Mean *Anything*)
Okay, Okay, Spill the Beans! Is This Place REALLY a Hidden Gem or Just a Marketing Gimmick?
Alright, buckle up, buttercups, because this is gonna be a long one. Look, I've seen 'hidden gem' plastered all over travel blogs. Honestly? *I* was skeptical. Then I went. And... it's complicated.
Here’s the deal. "Hidden Gem" – yes, absolutely. Is it perfectly polished? Nope. And that's the *charm*.
Yildiz Moonlight is perched up on a hill, overlooking the Black Sea. And I mean *overlooking*. The sunsets, the morning mist rolling in... I swear, I nearly cried the first time I saw it. (Don't judge me, I'm a sucker for a good view).
The 'gem' part is the location, the family running the place, and the sheer, unadulterated *chill* vibe. It's not a sterile, cookie-cutter hotel. It feels…lived in. In the BEST way. Like you're crashing at your crazy, but ultimately lovely, Aunt Fatma's place... if Aunt Fatma ran a hotel overlooking the sea.
The 'hidden' part? Well, you gotta work for it. Finding the place itself is an adventure. Google Maps is… optimistic. There are some hairpin turns. You might get a little lost. You might curse under your breath. But trust me, the view at the top makes it all worthwhile. Just don't be a hero – rent a reliable car, and let her sing her song.
So, yeah, it’s a hidden gem, but with a little bit of grit around the edges. And honestly, I prefer it that way.
The Food! Is the Food as Amazing as Everyone Says? (I'm a Foodie, so This is Crucial)
Listen, I'm a foodie. I live to eat. The food at Yıldız Moonlight? Let's just say I gained a few strategic pounds.
The breakfast! Oh. My. God. Plates overflowing with fresh Turkish bread, olives, feta, honey – the real, runny, wildflower honey. Tomatoes that taste like sunshine. And the eggs? Cooked to perfection, somehow. I don’t know, maybe the chicken has a great view?
Lunch and dinner are equally epic. Huge platters piled high with grilled meats, fresh salads, and whatever crazy-delicious local specialties Aunt Fatma (almost certainly) is cooking up in the kitchen that day. Expect a lot of fish. And expect to be stuffed. And expect to possibly beg for the recipe for the stuffed peppers. (I almost did. Still working on my Turkish skills).
The ONLY downside? The portions. Seriously, they're *massive*. You'll need a nap after every meal. And I wouldn't complain about that too!
One anecdote? Okay, fine. One night, they had this grilled lamb that was… transcendent. I kid you not. I closed my eyes, took a bite, and time stopped. I'm pretty sure I levitated. (Okay, maybe not. But it was *that* good.)
Okay, So It Sounds Amazing. But What About the Rooms? Are They Actually *Nice*?
They're… comfortable. Okay, let's be real. They’re not the Ritz. You're not paying Ritz prices. They’re clean. They’re cozy. They have the essentials. They have *views*.
Some rooms have balconies, which is basically your own private slice of heaven to watch the sunset from. Others… might be a little smaller. But honestly? You won't spend much time in your room. Why would you, when there's a stunning vista beckoning and delicious food calling your name?
Plus, the family are so lovely and hospitable. They'll bend over backwards to ensure your stay is lovely and you have everything you need. And that really does make a difference. The rooms? They're fine. The experience? Phenomenal.
I will say this: If pristine, minimalist design is your thing, this probably isn't for you. If you're looking for a place with character, charm, and a million-dollar view… you've found your spot.
Seriously Though, How Remote is Remote? Is It Hard to Get Around?
It's… remote. But not *isolated*. Trabzon city is about a 40-minute drive away. You’ll want to rent a car. Public transport is… well, let's just say it's an adventure in itself. (And not necessarily a comfortable one).
The roads are winding, and sometimes, a little… shall we say, *rustic*. But that's part of the charm, honestly. Embrace the adventure. Get lost on purpose. Discover hidden villages and breathtaking viewpoints along the way.
Just download your offline maps. Cell service can be spotty. And maybe learn a few basic Turkish phrases. It’ll go a long way. (I managed "Merhaba" and "Teşekkürler," which, admittedly, got me pretty far. Turkish hospitality is incredible.)
Is it hard to get around? A little. Is it worth it? Absolutely. The isolation is part of the magic. It’s a true escape from the hustle and bustle.
What's the Vibe Like? Is it Good for Families, Couples, or Solo Travelers?
Okay, let's break this down.
Families: Yes, absolutely! The kids will love exploring the grounds, playing in the (very basic) playground, and the food? Let's just say picky eaters will be *happily* surprised. It's a safe environment, and the family running the place are incredibly welcoming. Just keep an eye on them; there are some cliff edges – it's beautiful, but be careful.
Couples: Romantic. 100%. Imagine: Sunsets with a glass of wine on your balcony, candlelit dinners, lazy mornings with nothing but the sound of the sea. Perfect. (And, you know, a lot cheaper than a Maldives getaway.)
Solo Travelers: You'll be welcomed with open arms. It's the kind of place where you can easily strike up a conversation with someone, have a hearty meal, and feel utterly relaxed and safe. I met some of the loveliest people there. It's the kind of place where you can lose yourself on a walk and come back feeling energized and calm and renewed.
Honestly? It’s the kind of place that’s good for *everyone*. Provided you appreciate the simple things in life: good food, great company, and stunning views.
Let's Talk About the Downsides. What Wasn't So Great? Be Brutally Honest!
Right, fine. Let's get the gripes out of the way.
The Internet: It's… not great. Sometimes, it's nonexistent. Embrace it. Unplug. Read a book. Stare at the sea. SeriouslyFind Hotel Now

